• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED LAT5000AAW Maytag Washer wont fill, need help testing for 120V

fdominguez40

Premium Member
Model Number
LAT5000AAW
Brand
Maytag
Hello,
So last night washer wouldn't fill tub. Tested inlet valve with direct current, both hot and cold work fine. Tested for 120V at the inlet valve in fill position, no current. Tested pressure switch by blowing down hose into tube, clear. Blew into pressure switch with knob in fill position and pulled out, pressure switch clicks and washer starts to agitate. When dial is moved to spin cycle, starts and works fine. So I think its the timer switch panel??? Can you help me to test for proper voltage, at both the timer switch and the hot and cold switches?? Here's a pic of my open control panel. I also have the electronics schematic if needed. Thanks very much!

2020-11-19 10.59.38.jpg2020-11-19 11.00.40.jpg2020-11-19 11.00.52.jpg

fdominguez40

Premium Member
Was reading other posts about blown fuses, and sure enough. Mine was a blown fuse. Replaced and all works well again. Thanks a bunch! I really appreciate this forum!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
When the fuse blows, you have the replace the entire lid switch assembly, or the fuse will keep blowing.:)

Here's the lid switch assembly for your model you can order:
WP22001682 Lid Switch Assembly

It comes together in one piece with a new fuse too, there is a video in the part link that shows you how to install it.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good!

Jake