Late 60's model GE J500XL1HT parts help

cnct_agl

Premium Member
Model: J500XL1HT
Brand: GE

I am trying to find some replacement burners for a GE J500XL1HT stand alone oven/stove. I want to buy the right replacement part, but but, I cannot find the model number on any webpages. I believe it is a late 60's model. (I'd love to find out for sure).

I'm pretty sure that I've read the model tag correctly, but here's a picture of the tag. I don't have a picture of the burners (surface elements) that I am replacing - yet. I naively thought that just getting the model number would be all I would need to find/ buy the parts and take them with me to my mom's house to fix it.

Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• GE J500XL1HT.jpeg
    GE J500XL1HT.jpeg
    323 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
cnct_agl said:
I cannot find the model number on any webpages.

Parts list for models before the 1980's are rarely found online. That looks like its an early 1970's model.

I looked it up but it's parts list is a little confusing to me. They call for several different styles of elements. I'll need you to check something on the range to know which are appropriate. We'll need to know how many wires go to each element.

The parts list calls for this large element:
LINK > Large 2-Wire Surface Element
Check if the original large element has 2 wires (plus a ground) going to its terminals.

The parts list calls for this small element:
LINK > Small 3-Wire Surface Element
Check if the original small elements have 3 wires (plus a ground) going to its terminals.

LINK > Large 'Sensor' Element (NLA)
This element should have 4-wires (plus a ground) going to it. It unfortunately is discontinued and is no longer available.
(You probably don't need to check its wiring.)

If either the 2 or 3 wire elements above are not correct above, here are the matching ones in the opposite sizes.

LINK > SMALL 2-Wire Surface Element
LINK > LARGE 3-Wire Surface Element

Dan O.