• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LDF5545ST LG Dishwasher "HE" error display

TAKAFOOMI1

Premium Member
Model Number
LDF5545ST
Brand
LG
Hi. I have an LDF5545ST that's been giving me the HE error on the display. I turned it off, reset the breaker, turned it back on but still every time I run it I get the HE error. I fear that the heater element is gone but to replace it looks like a pretty un-fun job. Is there anything else I can do to diagnose/make sure it is in fact the heater element? This dishwasher is about 2 and a half years old and I can't believe the element has already died. Help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Try this first:

HEerror.png

If doesn't fix it, then here is your service manual:
Page 35 tells you how to test to see if the heating element is bad.

Here's the Heating Element (aka Casing Assembly) for your model:
ABT72989206 Casing Assembly,pump

Jake

Last edited:

TAKAFOOMI1

Premium Member
hello.. believe it or not the dishwasher has been limping along with HE mode since June :( . My wife is officially unhappy and wants me to just buy a new one. That being said, I still would like to try to fix it if possible

When I finally looked at the service manual it said to check the water temperature.. I assume it means throw it into test mode, see what temperature in Test 1 is.. vs. me testing the water temperature in the kitchen sink next to it. If the temperature is too high, is there a dishwater setting I adjust or do I adjust the whole house water temperature?

I read in another thread that the thermistor could be bad, also alludes to it in the service manual. But I don't know where to find it to test for continuity.

Lastly, are their instructions on how to remove the casing assembly?

Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, I have not worked on any LG dishwashers, so you will need to go by the service manual I posted above for you.

Jake

TAKAFOOMI1

Premium Member
Thanks Jake. Totally understand. I don't think I'd buy another one from this brand anytime soon.. That's for sure.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The most reliable is the Maytag Dishwasher.:)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes for me at least.

Jake