• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED LDF7551ST LG Dishwasher - HE error code

Richard Chase

Premium Member
Model Number
LDF7551ST
Brand
LG
Going out on an LG dishwasher with an HE error code, customer already replaced element. Would like to have schematic to check for voltage to heater from main cba. Also would like to use service mode rather than wait for heater. Thanks,

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Richard,

I couldn't locate the tech. data sheet or service manual for that LG dishwasher model.

Here's the closest I came to it:

Jake

Richard Chase

Premium Member
Hey Jake,
thanks for the reply. I went there and found the heater never got power. I did not have correct manual so both the schematic and the service mode entry was wrong. I now have manual and will be more then willing to upload if someone shows me how. I have to return now that I have this information. This could boil down to a door switch! I will update this with the outcome.
LGDWLDF7551.PNG

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Richard, see the button at the bottom of this box that we type in? It says Attach files, click it then upload the service manual.

Jake

Richard Chase

Premium Member
Door switch tested good, pressure switch was open with dishwasher filled with water and washing, ordered EBF61334501 pressure switch. Will update when complete. Uploaded service manual.

Attachments

• MFL37554810_LDF7551.pdf
    20.2 MB · Views: 326

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Richard, sounds good.

Thanks!

Let us know how it goes after you replace it.

Jake

Richard Chase

Premium Member
Returned to customers home with new pressure switch today. One screw, one hose, very simple part to change. Removed old switch, pulled all wires off and tried to blow into it to activate switches, couldn't do it. While installing new switch customer used a Q-tip and cleaned a huge gunk of what looked like black grease from the original pressure switch, I then was able to blow into it and both switches activated. Left the new switch in, Hooked up the dishwasher, hit normal wash once dishwasher filled with water I had 114.1 VAC on the heater. Moral to story, if you get the HE error code, ohm your heater, if it tests good let dishwasher fill with water and begin washing, if you have voltage on one terminal of your pressure switch and not the other your pressure switch is bad and your main board and door switch are working.

Attachments

• Installed.jpg
    Installed.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 421
  • Sideview.jpg
    Sideview.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 394
  • TopView.jpg
    TopView.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 384

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Richard, glad to hear that.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Marcin R

Been following this thread dealing with the same issue. So far I replaced the heating element, pressure switch, main board and fan motor. Error still there.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I don't work on LG dishwashers, all you can do is refer to the service manual @Richard Chase posted in post #5.

If you've done everything the service manual tells you to do for error code HE, then you'd need to get LG to come out and see what's going on.

Or hopefully a LG tech that works on these "Day in and Day out" can shed some light on yours.

Jake