FIXED LDF7811ST LG Dishwasher leaking at bottom and replaced gasket still leaking?

chrismaddox3d

Premium Member
Model Number
LDF7811ST
Brand
LG
Our LG Dishwasher has been leaking at the bottom right during the rinse and wash cycle.
We replace the Gasket around the inside already and now it has gotten worse.
Does anyone think it could be the rubber looking thing across the bottom of the door.
If not then what could it be possible.
Thanks

wildimaginations

Appliance Tech
You may have a bad bottom rubber seal that's warped and that the dishwasher is tilted forward too much causing the water to splash out of the bottom of the door. Take out the front door panel and look at the bottom of the dishwasher inner door panel to see if the rubber seal is warped. If it is, replace the entire inner door as this seal is not replaceable by itself. Check your owner's manual to see if the inner door liner is covered under their parts warranty.

Check the level of your dishwasher by closing the door and using a bubble level to see if it is tilted forward. If it is, adjust the front legs to tilt it higher.

Hope this helps.

chrismaddox3d

Premium Member
If it is not level how can i get it level? Where can i buy a bubble level for a good price?
So the whole door has to replaced or just the inside part? what is it called and how do i replace it? Thanks

wildimaginations

Appliance Tech
You can get a bubble level at a local hardware store.

Yes, you have to order the entire inner door liner. That's what it's called.

When replacing it, you have to disconnect the door springs from both sides of the door to remove the inner door liner. This will require pulling the dishwasher out of the cabinetry.

If you're not sure how to level it or how to replace the inner door liner, I recommend that you call a service technician to help you.

E-Today

Premium Member
The reason the gasket is not sold separately is that it is crimped in place. I agree that reason for not selling is unacceptable to a good tech or anyone! Yes, I have a solution instead of the $150 inner door LG forces on you, go NAPA Auto Parts buy for $25 Ameriseal 19600 door seal. Tug pull out old bottom seal. Use a small 90 degree carpenters nail puller or similar angle device and bend out the door metal gasket groove, so the new gasket fits, takes 5 minutes. Insert new gasket and cut to length cause you get 10 feet. Now you need to recrimp. I used a tile cutters pliers, but you could use pliers with tubing on jaws to protect rubber. Now recrimp squeeze over the gasket strange as it seems. Your done in 30 minutes. If you find a better gasket, please post for others.
PS I will never buy any LG appliance again, bad design horrible support, not made to last

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
PS I will never buy any LG appliance again, bad design horrible support, not made to last
Hmmmmm....heard that before ;)

JMO!

jeff.

perthapp

Premium Member
check the lower spray arm to make sure it doesnt have any cracks on the sides. I had a job once where the lower spray arm was cracked a little bit on the side and because of that it was spraying water side ways directly at the splash seal (the bottom door seal)

Samourai

Door assembly LG diswasher.

The solution is simpler for a leak under the front door. I had it twice in the lasts years. The air vent trap is not really watertight so they put a drain tube K140 to put the water back in the lower pan. The tube was stuck in a foam block at the lower right part of the door and when the foam was soaked, the water dripped on the floor. I placed the tube lower and it corrected the problem. Yesterday the water was leaking on the left side of the door trough the ventilation duct. The problem was that the same water tube was clogged. Maybe the ventilation unit K110 should be replaced, but it helps if the drain tube is working correctly. As for the rubber seal at the bottom, it is almost useless since not much water goes under the door and even if it is torn, no water goes on the floor if the dishwasher is level. Some dishwasher don't even have a seal there.

parts for LG LDF7811ST - AppliancePartsPros.com

Last edited:

buckeye jeff

Found dishwasher leaking from bottom. Isolated leak to the bottom corners so I replaced the door gasket. Did not take long and only tool needed was scissors. Tried rinse cycle and door was leaking in the middle. Removed door and inspected the bottom gasket of door. Had purchased the material to replace the gasket but decided to use Flexseal tape instead. Attached 5 inch wide Flexseal tape to door bottom seal and folded over on itself. Put back together and ran with no leak.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
FWIW....Just in case needed....the bottom of the door is suppose to also allow and control air flow back and forth. Blocking it off *may* cause other issues.

jeff.