LDF8072ST LG Dishwasher OE Code

Sungar

Premium Member
Model Number
LDF8072ST
Brand
LG
My LG dishwasher is displaying the OE error code, which seems to be not draining error, which matches with the water in the bottom of the dishwasher. Air gap is clear, hose seems straight (and hasn’t been moved). The screw out filter was a little dirty so I cleaned that, and the lift out filter mesh was VERY dirty so I cleaned that as well.

Started the cycle again and everything seemed to be working without the OE code. Came back later and it’s showing the OE code again, but it went a lot further because the soap dish opened where before it stopped pretty quickly.

What should I look at next?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sungar

Premium Member
More info

When I run the drain command is makes noises like it wants to run and then gives off a bit of a whining sound I think it does this when it works also?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

ham

Hi Jake,

I'm also getting an OE error on the exact same model dishwasher. I followed all of the steps outlined by Jeff and figured the problem was the drain pump. I recently purchased and installed a new drain pump and the dishwasher was working fine for a few weeks. Now I'm getting the same error again. However, when I push the buttons to force drain the water, it drains just fine. Do you have any idea why I could be getting an OE error when there doesn't appear to be a draining problem?

Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi ham,

When it starts to drain time it, and post back the time it takes to drain the dishwasher tub.

If its taking longer than normal check for clogs where the drain hose exits into your garbage disposal port hole.

If its draining fast then its possibly a bad control board: EBR79686301 Pcb Assembly, main

Jake