• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LDF8574ST LG Dishwasher leaking

trooper1954

Premium Member
Model Number
LDF8574ST
Brand
LG
Hi all,

Above captioned dishwasher has been running fine.....last wash, water appeared on the floor underneath the unit. After removing the cover plate near the floor it seemed that the drip was coming from the bottom of the motor housing.....large metal pan very close to floor. I was wondering if someone could outline the troubleshooting steps I need to identify the issue? Hose come off.....seal gone....o ring worn out..??? Tomorrow I intend to pull the dishwasher out and have a better look.

The insulation on the cover plate near the floor was only wet towards the bottom half, and there was no water in the machine itself except a small amount directly in the area where the filter sits....I think this is normal?

Thanks for any and all advice.

trooper1954

Premium Member
Hi all,
Suprised I got no response....however found the problem to be the gasket between the circulation pump and the housing....silicone gasket in there that must be machine installed as it's in there good and tight. Of course, cant be replaced so had to order complete circulation pump and housing!!!!
Will install tomorrow.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Sorry for the delay tropper, Jeff had to take time off for personal reasons and that makes it more of a challenge to the rest of us techs to keep up promptly with questions.

So you had to order the complete sump motor/pump assembly to get the tub seal?

Here's the complete sump motor/pump assembly for your model:
Sump AJH72949004

Jake