• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED LDG330RGS113T Speed Queen Dryer Noise

Rickey

Premium Member
Model Number
LDG330RGS113T
Brand
Speed Queen
New Speed Queen Dryer makes a scrapping noise that gets a little louder when the heat is on and quiets down when heating stops. If you can give me an idea what to look into. Thank you.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member

If it's less than a year old (in fact if it's lees than 3 years!) it should be in warranty and you should call for warranty service. Any tampering by you could void its warranty.

Dan O.

Rickey

Premium Member
Thanks. My warranty is on parts only for 3 years. I going to let it ride for awhile as it is not very loud, but I was surprised that happened so soon to my Speed Queen Dryer. 😟

Last edited:

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
There no (zero) labour warranty? Was it bought as a scratch and dent ??

Rickey said:
I going to let it ride for awhile as it is not very loud,

I wouldn't recommend that! A simple issue can turn into a major repair. If the drum is scraping for some reason, it or whatever it is rubbing on could be damaged.

I suggest it be looked into... preferably under warranty.

Dan O.

Rickey

Premium Member
I bought a SQ commercial gas dryer (without coin operation) for residential use. It does not come with a labor warranty; just parts. It was new and it cost less than a full warranty SQ dryer. Reviews were promising so I decided to take a risk on the warranty. I agree something worse could happen and will watch it carefully.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
I hadn't thought of a commercial unit. The closest commercial model I could find a listing for was LDG30RGS113FW28

What I was actually saying is, continued operation as it is could do the further damage. I would suggest it be looked into now and not let it fester. But that's up to you.

Dan O.

Last edited:

Rickey

Premium Member
My is SQ MODEL is LDG3ORGS113TWO1. I do not disagree with you and I really appreciate your warning about further damage. I will reevaluate......

Rickey

Premium Member
Well, I had a repairman examine the problem. It turns out there was a manufacturer’s defect in the drum and front assembly. They both were replaced.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Glad to hear the problem is fixed. Thanks for the update.

Dan O.