• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LDG4313ST Turn off or remove speaker from LG gas oven

billeven

Model Number
LDG4313ST
Brand
LG
Hello. I have an LG gas stove with two oven compartments, 2.5 years old. There seems to be no way to completely turn off the speaker. Every time the oven reaches its set temp it plays a very annoying song that is making my dog stroke out. I found a YouTube video that shows the removal of the speaker from the control board of an electric LG, but nothing on a gas unit. I've removed the control board and can't find anything that looks even remotely like a speaker. Can anyone tell me how to turn it off or how to find it on the board so I can remove it?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I've been looking for the service manual for that machine but unfortunately I haven't found anything. I'm sure there is a way to switch between a beep tone and a song in service mode. PCB speakers are easy to identify so I look up the ERC for your machine. It's not visible on the front or back of the board which means it located between the LCD and the board. That's a common place for it. It's not easy to get to but you can look on the back of the board and see if the manufacturer labeled it or put the electronic symbol for a speaker. The range control uses the beep tones for error codes so before you disconnect it give me a day to see if I can find the manual. Do you have your tech sheet?

bigbuck

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Looks like they talk about that on page 2-3 and 2-4! Here is that service manual.

Attachments

• LDG4313ST LG Double Oven Range MFL37118331.pdf
    13 MB · Views: 2,306

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I didn't see anything about playing a song but according to the manual you should be able to turn it off.

Adjusting the Beeper Volume
1. Touch Settings repeatedly until Beep appears in the display.
2. Touch 1 to select Hi, Lo or Off.
3. Touch Start to accept the change.