FIXED LDG9304AAM Maytag dependable care plus gas dryer not heating up

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
With the shutoff valve, I can turn it 360 degrees without it stopping, NOT like what you would find with a normal shutoff valve.
BINGO!!!

That's the problem Right Rick?

Unfortunately its no longer available:

Couldn't he just replace that shut-off valve with a regular elbow? Since he already has at shut-off valve at his wall?

OR force it in the open position inside that shut-off valve?

Jake

Gf2216

Premium Member
I just tried your recommended test of taking off the two wires for the flame switch and pulling them apart when the igniter is red hot. No gas, but there was an audible single clock when I separated the two wires. So now what?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You didn't see my post 21? That gas shut-off valve is broken and its closed not letting the gas flow out.

You should not be able to spin that gas shut off valve 360 degrees around.:)

Jake

Gf2216

Premium Member
You didn't see my post 21? That gas shut-off valve is broken and its closed not letting the gas flow out.

You should not be able to spin that gas shut off valve 360 degrees around.:)

Jake
So here is the weird thing. I think it’s always been like that. I didn’t even touch that valve for any repairs prior to this problem. Prior to this, I had to change the belt, then a blower wheel change, then the flame sensor, igniter and now the gas valve.

I’m a little hesitant to ask this one, but is there any way I can test that portion of the line to see if gas is flowing out of it?

I did the test just to rule it out anyway. Not sure of the single clock is an indication that it is working properly.

Thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Just turn the gas off at your wall, then remove that gas line to your gas valve, then turn the gas on at the wall and see if gas flows out.:)

Then shut it off at wall again.:)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You can't blow up the house if you just turn it on for a second or two just to see if it flows out.:)

Jake

Gf2216

Premium Member
Just tested it and the shutoff valve works. I put the lever into the correct position and reattached, put it on timed dry, still no gas flow.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, well that sucks. I'm out of suggestions, Rick anymore suggestions from you?

Jake

Gf2216

Premium Member
Hey guys,
So I just want to say thank you. On or around the 23rd I was about to give up and call a repair guy to take a look at it. I made the decision to look at the install video one more time just in case I might have missed something. And it turns out that I did. The idiot that I am, didn’t actually finish watching the install video and when I went to reinstall the gas valve, I forgot to pull off the red cap that covered the valve before reconnecting the gas line.

I was cursing up a storm when I realized what I had done and then went downstairs to confirm my stupid mistake. Yup, it was exactly that. I took it off and reinstalled. 1st try and everything is working. I cursed up a storm some more bc I know that if I didn’t look at the video, it would have costed me about $150 for the guy to tell me my idiotic mistake.

So, thanks for running through everything with me and you guys were patient and methodical. I suspect that the repair would have come close to $500 given the one time fee to come out and look at the problem and then the repair fee & parts afterwards. Thanks for helping me save money and I’ll be back again with the next thing that needs to be repaired.

Take care!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Don't feel bad, I've done similar, and the older I get I find myself forgetting more and more for basic things I would have not forgot to do before.

Glad that's all it was, I can now mark your thread FIXED.:)

Jake