• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LDT7797ST burned connection between PCB and circulation motor

MikeMc

Model Number
LDT7797ST
Brand
LG
Hello,

I'm not experienced with appliance repair, but I've see great advice on here so thought it worth a shot. My dishwasher displayed an LE error. I tried restarting it twice and noticed it made some odd noises followed by a burning smell. I google searched the issue and found it was either an electrical issue, the motor or the PCB.

Times being what they are, I figured I'd at least attempt to fix it instead of buying a new dishwasher. I began taking it apart and discovered a burned out connection on the circulation motor (or sump assembly? I'm not actually sure what the difference is).

I've attached a couple pictures and apologize for poor quality. From what I can tell, there appears to be nothing wrong visually with the PCB. The electrical wiring in the door panel also appears fine. I'm considering buying a new circulation motor and replacing that but struggling with ensuring I'm ordering the right part.

This is what I'm assuming I need:

I also can't decide if the repair is worth attempting at this price or if I'm better off just getting a new dishwasher. I also will need to replace the connector and have not been able to find it online. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_4395.jpg
    IMG_4395.jpg
    342.2 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_4393.jpg
    IMG_4393.jpg
    321.4 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_4392.jpg
    IMG_4392.jpg
    437 KB · Views: 50

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, that would be the part you would need.

Plus you would need a new wire harness that connects to the motor, as that one is burnt and can't be used.

Here's the motor wire harness:

Price new dishwashers, I've seen some new ones as low as $349:

Jake