FIXED Leak in Maytag Atlantis MAV7600

achil

Premium Member
It's pretty much right on 90 seconds, but then it spits out a little more water at 95 and 100 seconds.

Pat

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Pat, its cutting it close. Does your drain hose just fit loosely into your drain pipe? You don't have it duck tapped in do you?

So your next step is to make sure all the spacers are in place when you put your thrust bearing kit back in place.

Jake

achil

Premium Member
Hope you had a good Easter Jake.

When you told me how to get the additional room to get a washer on, I was having visions of my wife sitting on the floor trying to push that agitator:>). I ended up getting a friend of mine to help and was able to get a washer on there. I ran a tub of water through and it looks like I may have picked up about 5 seconds, give or take. We have been doing so many test washes that we are completely out of dirty clothes to actually check this out. I will get a wash done later in the week and let you know how it turns out.

I thought I posted a reply to your above message a few days ago. I must have hit the wrong button or something. Anyway the drain pipe dumps into a laundry tub. I have a little piece (1 wrap) of electric tape to a pipe to hold it from jumping around. My wife asked me to ask you, that if all that I have done works, how many years before I am taking it apart again?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks!

Thanks a good question she asked, but I don't have a answer, hopefully not for a long time.:)

Jake

achil

Premium Member
I managed to get a large load of laundry together last week. A large double fleece blanket, a couple pair of jeans, some work shirts and a few pair of heavy socks. I used a second rinse as is my custom. When I took the clothes out to put in the dryer, everything was ok, except 3 of the six socks had to be wrung out by hand. I'm guessing they got locked up in the blanket or jeans. My wife has since washed a load of dog blankets and I have not heard a complaint. It seems to be fixed, although, I still don't trust that pump, and as you said the drainage time is marginal. Thanks for all your help on this and for sticking with me. If you have any thoughts on the marginal draining, I am open.

Pat

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Pat,

Since you already replaced the drain pump and belt, it should be draining normal, you may have a very slight partial clog in your tub-to-pump hose, you can remove that hose and see.:)

Also check the tub outlet port hole to see if a partial clog is up in there too.:)

Jake

achil

Premium Member
Thanks Jake.

I think I will forgo that for now. If it gets worse I will do it. I imagine there could be all kinds of things going through the hoses. Every once in a while a sock goes missing, etc.

Pat