Leaking refrigerator

west_wind

Premium Member
imported post

Thanks so much for having this forum:). I am from Ontario, Canada and have been looking for somewhere to get some help with my refrigerator.

I have a Kenmore ColdSpot 2000 Model # 61892000 EK0914115. It has been working fine for 4 years, until just recently. It has been leaking inside, the shelves, drawers, and on to the bottom of the refrigerator. The parts look a little difficult to take apart.:? Some of the pieces underneath the freezer, look as though they would break very easily.

Any suggestions, would be a great help, as there is quite a lot of leaking and would like to get to the bottom of this. :(

Thank you, WW;)

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
imported post

west_wind wrote:
I have a Kenmore ColdSpot 2000 Model # 61892000
I found a listing for a model 110.61892000 which would make it a Whirlpool built model.

It has been leaking inside, the shelves, drawers, and on to the bottom of the refrigerator. Any suggestions, would be a great help, as there is quite a lot of leaking and would like to get to the bottom of this.
A common cause of leaking into the fridge compartment is a plugged defrost water drain. The page at the following link describes what often has to be done to correct such a leaking problem on several different makes and model of refrigerators. None may be your exact model but hopefully one should give you a general idea what needs to be checked on yours.

LINK > My fridge is leaking water, what might the problem be?

Dan O.
Appliance411.ca
The Appliance Information Site
=D~~~~~~