• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LED Lights / Temp Control Dead on LG LTC22350SS Refrigerator

DavePA

Model Number
LTC22350SS/00
Brand
LG
Hello,

I have a 7-10 yr old refrigerator with a dead temperature adjustment display. The backstory is a local appliance repairman replaced the main circuit board because the refrigerator was not cooling sufficiently. After that repair however, the refrigerator is running too cold (~29 degrees) and vegetables, fruit and lettuces are freezing. The LED display temp controller that is in the top of the refrigerator compartment had been dead prior to the first repair, but they did not replace that board because it's not available from parts vendors they work with. I was able to find several sellers on EBay claiming new units, so I ordered one and installed it, but the board is still dead. I'm trying to figure out if I rec'vd a bad board, or if there is an issue further upstream with a wire, connector or component in that circuit. If anyone has experience with this, I would really appreciate it. I like to keep appliances going as much to avoid adding to landfill as to avoid the cost of replacement. I am asking the original repair business to make this right, but they don't seem to know what to do.

Thanks!
Dave