• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LED modules in KitchenAid KBSD618ESS01 refrigerator/freezer keep going out

sarahj

Premium Member
Model Number
KBSD618ESS01
Brand
KitchenAid
I’ve seen quite a few threads about LED modules going out but…as soon as I replace the bad LED modules about a month later the next one in the series goes out. So far I’ve had 4 modules go out in less than 6 months. When I pop the new led module in, I’m only getting about a month with all LEDs working. I’m getting 13.1 dc volts from the modular connector when the door is open. Think this is just a module issue or is it a LED power supply board issue that keeps burning these out?
Help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's very strange, that's never happened to me before, why are you buying these LED modules at? Its very important to buy only OEM LED modules.

I always order my OEM LED modules from AppliancePartsPros for my customers, and never had to change anymore in the series at all period.

We recommend getting OEM parts from AppliancePartsPros and RepairClinic, all parts from them ALWAYS has a 365 day warranty.

Jake

sarahj

Premium Member
I’ve always replaced with OEM parts from either Appliance Parts Pro or my local appliance repair shop. The packaging is always the Whirlpool packaging so I know they’re legit. I’m stumped and so sick of buying these modules. :(

sarahj

Premium Member
Here’s the packaging

Attachments

• 40E47D8D-BC96-4977-82DF-610A76A3BCDB.jpeg
    40E47D8D-BC96-4977-82DF-610A76A3BCDB.jpeg
    408.9 KB · Views: 16

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Then I don't know what's going on, like I said this has NEVER happened to me.

You will need to have KitchenAid come out to investigate.

Jake