• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LEH1642DS0 Frigidaire Stackable Washer Tub Spider Failure

russman7549

Premium Member
Model Number
LEH1642DS0
Brand
Frigidaire
Hello,

I'm a new member and this is my first post. I know this has been discussed but my question is about being able to just replace the spider and not having to replace the whole tub assembly. I had to enter my specifications but I don't know if they are shown so here they are: Frigidaire LEH1642DS0. It's a stacking or stackable washer and dryer in one unit. We have had it for around 18 years and I have been very pleased with it's performance and longevity.

I know nothing lasts forever and after reading the horror stories, I feel blessed that we have received this long of a service life.

About two years ago, the dryer wasn't drying the clothes and it was making a loud noise. I had bought one of those "home warranties" that covers appliances, air handlers, etc. They came out and didn't even touch it, just asked how old it was. Long story short, they didn't do anything for me. I ended up replacing the heating element and the bearings.

I have already purchased the bearings for the tub, I just need the spider which brings me back to my original question: can I get the spider by itself instead of having to buy the whole drum assembly? I have looked and can't find a part number. I have found spiders for sale but without being sure about the part number, who knows if you will receive the correct one.

Thanks, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Rusty

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

russman7549

Premium Member
Hello Jake,

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

That's what I thought but figured it didn't hurt to ask. Some of the search results say that this is discontinued so I'm guessing the ones that do still have old stock are quite pricey. I guess the question is do I repair it or get a new one? If I hadn't already repaired the dryer portion, the decision would be easier.

Thanks again,
Rusty

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Rusty,

The only solution would be to buy the inner drum, or buy a new stackable.

It would be more wise to buy a new stackable considering the age of your current stackable.

Jake