FIXED LEQ2152ES0 Diagnostic mode

bsaucer

Premium Member
Model Number
LEQ2152ES0
Brand
Frigidaire
I found papers inside the dryer that tell you how to enter diagnostic mode and retrieve error codes. It says to turn dial to 3:00 position, etc... However, the dial doesn't have a "3:00" position. It has a window above the dial where the words or numbers change as you turn the dial. I need to know how to retrieve error codes.

The dryer runs but doesn't heat. The heater circuit is intact. The relay does not come on. I measured only 4k ohms on the thermistor. Could a faulty thermistor cause the heat relay to never come on?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

bsaucer

Premium Member
3:00 position looks like it would be Delicate.
Jake
If I turn the dial one step to the right, that would move "delicate" to the 4:00 position. The pointer always remains at the top. The words and numbers outside the window at the top are not visible. The word "Delicate" is hidden from view, unless I bring it around to the top position (11:00, 12:00, or 1:00).

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, I see what you mean. Frigidaire must of got this tech. data sheet mixed up with another model then.

The dryer runs but doesn't heat. The heater circuit is intact. The relay does not come on. I measured only 4k ohms on the thermistor. Could a faulty thermistor cause the heat relay to never come on?
That sounds like the problem.

It should read between 50K to 53K ohms at room temperature.

Here's the thermistor for your model:
134587700 Control Thermistor

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

bsaucer

Premium Member
The reading of the thermistor is now 2K. I ordered a new one, and it did not fix the problem. It reads 8K.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok B,

Another member found it reading 10K ohms and it should read about 50K-53K ohms at room temperature. And he replaced it and it started heating normal again.

So either your getting bad thermistors or your meter needs a new battery.:)

Jake

bsaucer

Premium Member
My meter is new, and I tested it reading 4.5k on a dryer timer resistor. I've contacted the people who sold me the thermistor.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I tested it reading 4.5k on a dryer timer resistor.
I don't understand what you mean by dryer timer resistor, you're only suppose to remove the wires from the thermistor and ohm test the thermistor all by itself.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, I see what your saying now. Then it has to be a defective thermistor.

Room temperature should be about 77 degrees.

Jake

bsaucer

Premium Member
Update: I returned the "new" thermistor and ordered another one from a different source. This one measures 41k (it's warm and humid here). I installed it, and now the heat comes on.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent B, glad that was all it was.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake