• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED LFC25760SB LG Refrigerator - lights not turning off when the doors were closed

edteach

Premium Member
Model Number
LFC25730SB
Brand
LG
I have a LG three years old model LFC25730SB bottom freezer double door. I noticed that the bread plastic was melted near the light and found the lights were not turning off when the doors were closed. I checked the switches and they turn off the circulation motor when both are pressed in. I don't thinkthere is anything wrong with the switches and both are aligned properly with the doors. The lights have blacked the upper plastic but have not ruined the cover. I don't think its been going on that long. So I called LG and there is a Class Action laaw suit that covers the Main Circuit board. I don't know what else it could be other than the board. They are sending out a tech. tomorrow to take a look at it. If its not the board I am on the hook for the service. I think I will get some LED bulbs to replace the incondecent. That way if there is another fail it is not so dangerous. But is there anything else I can check?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I checked the switches and they turn off the circulation motor when both are pressed in.
The light switch is actually two switches. It's common to have one work and not the other one. You need to test it with a meter:

edteach

Premium Member
That is what I put in my OP, I checked both switches and both depressed the circulator fan comes on, if one is not depressed the fan cuts out. I reversed which one was depressed and which one was closed. Works the same. I don't need to put a meter on it. If the two wire switch is working for the fan its working for the light. There is not more than two leads so if its working for the circulation fan its working for the light. So its not the switches. Or are you saying there are two switches in one switch? If so there are only two leads going out of the switch.

edteach

Premium Member
So I removed the switches and unplugged both at the same time. This should leave the circuit open. The circulator fan runs with both the switches unplugged and the light is on. So its not the switches.

edteach

Premium Member
The Tech said at LG that my push button switches should be open once unplugged. So with both unplugged the fan does run and the light should be off. But the fan runs and the lights are on, he said its the circuit board and he is ordering another one. So it should be covered by LG.