• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LFFH21F7HW Stand Up Freezer With Deluxe Control Panel Questions

mbramble

Premium Member
Model Number
LFFH21F7HW
Brand
Electrolux
Visiting my old father and they had a power hit the morning before I arrived. He went out to get something from the freezer only to find it had a power out alarm and the temperature showing on the panel was like 29F. He could hit the up/down arrows and it would show the "set" temperature momentarily and then go back to the "actual" temperature (I think). He and my brother in law fiddled with it for the rest of the day and then they moved the contents to other freezers as stuff was thawing out.

This morning (2nd day after power hit) I went out and checked it out. The temp was showing 22F (the lowest it had been in 2 days) ("set" temp was -3F). It had cooled down like 4 degrees over night. I noticed that the fan sounded awful noisey and there was no air coming from the top vent. 3 2L bottles of water had thawed completely. I removed the lower panel and the whole unit was a block of ice. Unplugged the freezer and thawed all the ice out. Fan seemed to turn freely. Plugged it in and the fan operated normally. Put the back panel back in and let it run. Within 3-4 hours it was down to about 5 degrees. I could press the up down buttons and the "set" temp would show, as it changed, and then a second later the "current" temp would show back up.

I just went out to take a look to see how things were going. It was showing -3F on the display. Since it was relatively dark out there, I could see a dim red light for the Power Loss light. I checked inside and the water bottles were frozen solid and the analog thermometer we had set on the top shelf showed about -2F.

Here comes the questions finally!!! -- Why, when I press the up/down buttons, does the display only now show the "set" temp? If I push the Up button to 10F, the display stays at 10F. Why does it not switch back to the "current" temp? I went ahead and set it back to -3F. Also, the dim Power Loss lamp goes out if I "set" the temp to 0F or above. When I "set" the temp to lower than 0F, that dim Power Loss lamp comes back on. Why is that? I'm pretty sure that when the freezer was unplugged and plugged back in earlier, the Power Loss lamp was quite bright.

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated. I'm pretty sure the freezer is working again and if everything is the same tomorrow and the 2 new larrge bottles of water I just put in there are frozen, they are going to restock this freezer. They live on a lake and the water bottles are used for coolers but the majority of the freezer is filled with fish my dad cattches!!

I'm just curios why the temp display "seems" to be working differently now that the freezer has reached the "set" temp and why that Power Loss lamp glows dimly unless I set it to 0F or higher.... Or... could that dim display be "bleeding over" from the temp display for certain digits???

Thank you very much!

mbramble

Premium Member
The very dim Power Loss lamp is definitely not "bleed over" from certain Temperature numerals. If I "set" the temp to 0°F, or above, it turns off. Anything below that and it comes on dimly.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Your missing the last digit in the model number. The model number tag should be located in the freezer on the inside wall.

LFFH21F7HWA
LFFH21F7HWB
LFFH21F7HWC
LFFH21F7HWD
LFFH21F7HWE
LFFH21F7HWF
LFFH21F7HWG
LFFH21F7HWH
LFFH21F7HWJ
LFFH21F7HWK

We need that last digit to see what style control touchpad your model uses.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks,

This is the part you will need:
297235200 Control-Electrical

It's on a factory back-order so it may take 6 to 8 weeks to get it.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, because it should show current temperature and you said it wasn't.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Your welcome!

Jake