• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LFID2426TF1A Blinking Lights - No start, No button response

kyle_vk

Premium Member
Model Number
LFID2426TF1A
Brand
Frigidaire
Hey all, we bought our house last year and in that time the dishwasher has been working great. Last night it wouldn't start (after running fine the previous day). There was water in the bottom so i assumed a clog. I drained the water out, removed all the parts in the bottom without finding much debris, I pulled the dishwasher out and disconnected the drain hose that goes to the disposal. I flushed water through that multiple times and did clear out some debris. I checked the rubber return flap and it seemed good. Reassembled, flipped the breaker back on, and still no luck.

As it sits the Normal Wash, Start/Cancel, and Delay Start lights are all on. None of the buttons are responsive to being pressed. When i hold the High Heat and Start/Cancel for 6 seconds, i think i hear a motor spool up for a brief second but thats it. I've taken the door cover off to inspect the latch, it seems to be functioning fine and the "plugs" that connect to it visibly looked fine. I've read to listen for two clicks, but all i hear is the one loud click of the latch bar snapping into place. From my reading it seems like this could be a door latch, touch pad, or control board problem. Like most, i'm on a budget and would rather not spend $250 replacing those items without some certainty. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kyle

Attachments

• PXL_20201017_142646164.jpg
    PXL_20201017_142646164.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 23

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Kyle,

I'd first check the door switch for continuity, with a multimeter set on the lowest ohm setting, on both the black and white wires, when the door is closed. Disconnect power to your dishwasher first!

If the door switch ohm tests good when the door is closed, then are you saying the buttons do not light up or respond when pressed?

The tech. data sheet doesn't show you how to test the control panel touchpad assembly, so if all the buttons are responding, then its likely a bad control board. And your door switch tests good.

If all the buttons are NOT responding, then it's likely the control panel touchpad assembly is the culprit. And your door switch tests good.

Here's the control panel touchpad assembly for your model:

Here's the control board for your model:

Jake

kyle_vk

Premium Member
Thanks for the response Jake. To clarify, the three buttons i mentioned were lit up, but no other buttons would light up when pressed and nothing would happen when i pressed or held any of the buttons. I took the control board out to check all the pluggable parts for corrosion and such, I also checked the door latch again.

After trying to reset a couple times i took lunch brake and suddenly i hear the dishwasher kick on and start. I'm not sure if at some point i actually got it to work but somehow it was on delay start? I'm not sure, currently waiting for the load to finish before I finish re-assembling the front panel (the touch pad is just hanging off the front while it runs right now). Will report back if it continues to run or not.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Kyle sounds good, let us know.

I was wondering about that delay start, but you should of been able to cancel that.

Per your owners manual--->To cancel the DELAY START option and to begin the selected cycle before the delay period is over, press and hold START/CANCEL pad for 3 seconds.

Jake

kyle_vk

Premium Member
Well murphy applied his law and upon trying to run another load this morning i was met with more flashing lights. This time if i press any button, the Delay start light will progress through each option (2,4,6) with each click (if i press normal wash it moves from the 2 light to 4 light, if i press normal wash again it moves from 4 to 6 and so on). One of the times i reset it today the lights were blinking again and not changing the delay start. I'm going to take the door switch out after dinner and test its continuity. What ohm reading should it be?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'm going to take the door switch out after dinner and test its continuity. What ohm reading should it be?
0 ohms is continuity with the door closed.

Jake

kyle_vk

Premium Member
Thanks Jake, I'm electrically illiterate so be gentle with me. See the attached photo for for what i tested (one prong of multi meter on each 1, and then again on each 2). Readings were consistently .6 for each. If i was supposed to test the wires (which i did) they were each at 1, but i didn't think that made sense since it wouldn't register if the door was closed once they were disconnected from the switch.

Comments?
PXL_20201019_000502078~2.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, .6 is fine.

What lights were flashing today?

So it's either the control panel or control board, and this time all the buttons respond when pressed?

Jake

kyle_vk

Premium Member
Right now (and all of today), If i leave it be, all lights turn off, when i press any button, the Normal Wash light comes on, the Start Cancel light is blinking, and the Delay Start light is on. From here if i press any of the buttons, the Delay Start light will move from 2 to 4 to 6 to Off and back again, this happens no matter what button i press. There is no change after flipping the breaker or doing the 6 second cancel either.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Kyle, I'm attaching your tech data sheet below.

From here if i press any of the buttons, the Delay Start light will move from 2 to 4 to 6 to Off and back again, this happens no matter what button i press.
To me that sounds like a short in the control panel touchpad assembly, but the tech data sheet is very vague on how to verify that.

But The Water/Service Test is not working either, correct?

The Water/Service Test--->While in Idle Mode, simultaneously press HI-TEMP WASH and START/CANCEL pads for 6 seconds.
The dishwasher will then step through the test cycle per the chart. Pushing the START/CANCEL pad will advance the dishwasher to the next step.

Jake

Attachments

• A02841501B.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 19

kyle_vk

Premium Member
Correct, the Water/Service test does not work. I'm not even sure if i can get it into Idle mode as any time i touch or hold the buttons nothing happens except for progressing the Delay Start light ahead as described above.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, its hard to say what the problem is then. Its possibly the control board.

Another member had a very similar issue and the new control board fixed his:

Turn the breaker off to the dishwasher for about 15 minutes, then turn it back on and you will be in POWER FAILURE MODE.

Then the tech. data sheet says to do this--->While in power failure mode - simultaneously press the AIR DRY and START/CANCEL pads for 1 1/2 seconds. Then see if the Water/Service Test runs.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, well what do you want to do?

Jake