• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED LFID2426TF3A Frigidaire Dishwasher Modes Not Switching

farmerjg

Premium Member
Model Number
LFID2426TF3A
Brand
Frigidaire
Hey all, I have a Frigidaire dishwasher (model LFID2426TF3A) where the previous owner told me it wouldn't switch modes for him so he gave it to me for free. Could anyone get me a service manual that will help me understand the diagnostic modes and results? I've flipped a few GE's like this with bad control boards, I'm hopeful the Frigidaire's have a similar built in diagnostic mode.

I'm going to go get my little dishwasher "rig" set back up in the garage and plug it in, thanks to anyone that can help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
What do you mean it won't switch modes?

When you first start it what happens? It should fill, then the wash motor should come on and wash, is it doing that? Then after awhile it should drain and then refill and the wash motor should start again for RINSE.

I'm attaching the tech. data sheet below, DO--->WATER/SERVICE TEST

Jake

Attachments

• LFID2426TF.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 58

farmerjg

Premium Member
Hey Jake, I've now ran it a bunch of times in the garage. I've asked the previous owner to confirm, but what I think going on is that it will run just fine, but when it gets done, the "Washing" button just stays on. It never switches to "Clean." So I think that's what he meant by "won't switch modes." I'm going to keep running it, but it will stay on "Washing" for at least 45 minutes without running or doing anything.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Got it, thanks!

I'm going to keep running it, but it will stay on "Washing" for at least 45 minutes without running or doing anything.
That to me sounds like possibly a bad wash motor, because the wash motor should be running when it stays on WASHING. You see what I mean?

You can remove the wash motor electrical connector and get a multimeter and see if its gets 120 volts when it says WASHING and nothing is running.

Jake

farmerjg

Premium Member
Thank you. I'll go test that. But just to make sure I didn't mess my words up. It washes and cleans dishes, and the arms inside are absolutely spraying water (I can hear it since it's standing alone in garage). So the "stays on washing" is exclusive to the light. After all the normal cycles are complete, the light just stays on. Hopefully that's consistent with what I intended to say.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, then the wash motor is working.

So I'm puzzled as well why it stays on washing then.

Did you do the--->WATER/SERVICE TEST?

Jake

farmerjg

Premium Member
Did you do the--->WATER/SERVICE TEST?
Well, I'm curious. According to the manual you posted, when in idle mode I need to hold HI-TEMP WASH and START/CANCEL to get into to test. But doing that does nothing. So, I assume idle mode is plugged in but not actively doing anything. So, unless idle mode is something else then it looks like I can't get it into service mode.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

farmerjg

Premium Member
The new board now takes it to "clean" on the panel when done, so that's good. How's this heater coil look? Do you know what resistance should be on it? I want to go ahead and verify it wasn't maybe shorting out.

Attachments

• PXL_20220309_200229797.jpg
    PXL_20220309_200229797.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 30

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to hear the new board fixed it.(y)

Yes, when it looks rusty like that it needs to be replaced.

Here's the video to access/replace it:

Make sure the breaker stays OFF to your dishwasher, then remove the 2 wires from it, then ohm test it with a multimeter per this video:

Here's the heating element for your model to order it:
Heating Element 154825001

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

farmerjg

Premium Member
Thanks Jake. I'm at 14 Ohms on the existing one, so likely ok, but I flip these and give them to people who need them more than I do. I'll just replace it as an ounce of prevention type deal.

Thanks for the help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake