LFX23961ST/02 Few issues 1F Error icemaker not working + randomly fridge sections stops cooling

MAGICVEGA

Premium Member
Model Number
LFX23961ST
Brand
LG
Hi,

LG LFX23961ST/02
ERROR 1f

Icemaker stopped making ice, randomly hear what sounds like fan noise coming from the fridge,
Next big issue is randomly the refrigerator section seems to not cool,

Tried defrosting overnight,
Tried the hair dryer, no change, then the next day the fridge was cooling fine, icemaker still didn't work.
Cleaned the rear vents etc and then the very next day, icemaker still didnt work, fridge was warm, and Freezer seemed to freeze up on the back and not freeze anything.

Various times of the day I check and sometimes the fridge is cooling, sometimes not.

Kind of confused with the parts listing, tried to live chat on another site and they said they dont make parts for this fridge anymore,
Looking for some advice, Paid about 2500 back then, would like to fix it instead of replace it, but its looking gloomy

Additionally these are some other issues that could be lived with.

Fridge was bought new, It seems to have gained multiple issues as of late,
after about year 5, which was the extended warranty I purchased when buying it the display on the icemaker kinda of dimmed in a few places,

Next the catch arm for the right side door broke off, which I bought and found that It was broken off at the top of the door as well where you screw it in, unsure if there is a part for this or if its a whole new door kind of thing.

Thanks in advance for any help

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

MAGICVEGA

Premium Member
Hi,
Thanks for the reply,
Is there another fan that controls the cool air for the refrigerator section? Trying to get a idea if that could cause the fridge temp issue or would you think its related to one of the parts listed above?

That fans really expensive compared to the others, I figured this model was a headache lol.

rickgburton

Staff member
There might be other problems with the machine. Check the connections on the board. The error code (Er) was set because the control can't read the feedback signal from the icemaker fan (IF). The BLDC motor drive circuit on the board failed. It may have been caused by the fan motor but in my experience it's just been the board. Do this:

While the machine is running, look in the center of the control board for a small push button switch. It may be marked "Test". Push it one time. This will cause continuous run of the compressor and freezer evaporator fan motor (not the Ice Fan). The damper will open. All the display LEDs are on. If the control detects any errors it's displayed and test mode is stopped.

Unplug the machine for longer than 30 seconds then restore power.

MAGICVEGA said:
Is there another fan that controls the cool air for the refrigerator section?
The evaporator fan motor:
4681JB1027C Fan Motor

rickgburton

Staff member
For what it's worth, if you gave me that refrigerator and delivered it for free, I wouldn't fix it. In fact, I wouldn't spend any time looking for what it would take to fix it.