LFX25950TT Had a Power outage last night, car hit pole. Refrigerator is dead

Jwpatterson1@hotmail.com

Premium Member
Model Number
LFX25950TT
Brand
LG
Unit was normal yesterday, power line got knocked down last night, we were without power for couple hours.

The refrigerator no longer does anything, all LEDs are dark, inside lights are dark no fan no compressor etc acts like it’s not getting power. It is, checked voltage at plug was good. Even tried another outlet.

What is a possible clue when I plugged in different outlet I was in front of unit and noticed a very brief flash of light at control panel on front of unit. Also sound like a breaker tripping. If I unplug and plug right back in ...nothing, unplug and wait a few min, plug back in get the same brief light and noise. Guessing it is a breaker that has reset itself.

I took a close look at the ECM, no burnt spots or damage visible.

Words of wisdom will be greatly appreciated.
Jim

Jwpatterson1@hotmail.com

Premium Member
More information

I removed the LED panel and ice dispenser. The ECM has 1 two wire connections, one with 6 wires and one with 12 have tried all combinations, all plugged in one or two etc. results are. Can have wires hooked except the plug with six wires.

Compressor comes on internal lights come on etc. soon as I plug the 6 wire plug hole thing stop, compressor shuts down all lights go off

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Jwpatterson1@hotmail.com

Premium Member
Ok, thanks for response, will jump into in AM.
To clairfiy couple items
The LEDs on control panel are all dark, when you plug in I get a brief flash of light from ice dispenser light and the leds try to light up but only for a second or two then then everything stops.
As I mentioned i can unplug the harness (6 wire), the internal lights come on compressor starts up etc, but still no LEDs light up. If the 6 wire harness is plugged in nothing comes on at all.
A lot of testing options are through the Pannel with controls.
What you are suggesting is check all voltage on circuit boards, then go from there?
Pushing buttons has no effect, I knoticed.

Jwpatterson1@hotmail.com

Premium Member
Did voltage checks, per service manual started at main power pins......all good. 120v
Next to CON 3 all checks should result in 115v
Nada, couple test had 0v one had 18v
Am I correct in that we had determined the main board is junk and the fix is to order a new one.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, order the new control board.

Jake