• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LFX25973D LG refrigerator not working at being repaired 3 times

Jim1400

Premium Member
Model Number
LFX25973D
Brand
LG
Refrigerator and freezer slowly stopped cooling in April, after about 5 years of perfect performance. Short story is 3 repairs in the past 3 months, and again not working.
I called LG, and they said it sounded like the compressor, which was still under warranty, and they sent someone one. LG replaced the compressor and refrigerator/freezer worked great for about two weeks, and then slowly died like before (first ice makers stop working, then ice cream gets soft, and then nothing is even cold over the course of 2-3 days). Called LG again, they sent someone out who thought it was the filter dryer. They replaced that part, and the refrigerator/freezer worked great for about two weeks, and then slowly died like before. Called LG again, they ordered a new compressor and filter dryer and sent someone out to install. They replaced that parts, and the refrigerator/freezer worked great for about two weeks, and then slowly died like before. Seems like there's a leak somewhere, but tech swears everything is good.

Do I just keep getting a bad tech and I should have someone else look, or is this now a lemon and I just need to move on?

Thanks,
Jim

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Its probably time to move on Jim, unless you want to contact the LG appliance service manager and keep requesting a lead tech to come out from LG's higher ups.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help Jim!

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.