LFX25975ST/02 arm gets stuck - ice in gear

bcrawfo2

Premium Member
Model Number
LFX25975ST/02
Brand
LG
I've been struggling with this for a few months. The arm that detects a full ice bin gets stuck, not allowing the icemaker to cycle. I can trace this back to ice in the gear for the sensor arm. I can take it apart, remove a chunk of ice, and everything works great for about a month, but then I'm right back where I started. I see a tiny bit of ice accumulation on the gasket of the icemaker door. My temps are 38 and 0.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Your missing the last two digits of your model number, here's the results I get:

LFX25975ST/01
LFX25975ST/02
LFX25975ST/03

Does it seem like too much water is getting into the ice tray and causing some to get into the gear area and jam it up?

How full are the ice cube slots when you remove the ice maker? Do the cubes come way up to the edge of the ice maker tray?

Jake

bcrawfo2

Premium Member
Sorry...it's a /02. I don't think we're overfilling the tray. I run it on the smallest sized cubes and I think the cube size is appropriate.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks,

Can you pinpoint where that chuck of ice is coming from? Is water leaking behind the ice maker and forming that ice chuck?

Here's the ice maker for your model:
AEQ36756901 Ice Maker Assembly

Jake

bcrawfo2

Premium Member
Thanks Jake. I really can't. It's not a ton of water. It's a small marble sized piece of ice in just the wrong spot. The only thought I had this morning was if it could be caused by slamming the left hand door while the water was in the tray and not frozen. It's a long shot. But could the slamming force just a little bit of ice to splash out and into that gear area.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That sounds logical to me.

Are you able to take a photo of the water in the ice maker tray so I can see how full it is right after it fills?

Because if its still filling too high on the smallest cube size, that indicates the ice maker needs to be replaced.

Jake