LFX25991ST/02 LG Refrigerator Error 1F

jlpicardq

Premium Member
Model Number
LFX25991ST
Brand
LG
Hello.

My 3 year-old LG LFC25991ST02 has been displaying error code 1F. A Google search and call to LG determined it's a problem with the ice-maker's fan. It has happened a half-dozen times in the past few months and *sometimes* resolves itself, but the last time it took turning the ice-maker off for a few days, before turning it back on again. It's now working, but I have no doubt that it will happen again.

This blog has been so helpful in the past and I'm hoping the community can help me again. I don't want to pay hundreds of dollars for repairs that I can probably take care of myself (I'm quite handy, replacing boards, water inlet valves, and more). I just need to know what part to replace, and some minor instructions (diagrams, etc.)

Please help! I tired of water on the kitchen floor and warm drinks!

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
What happens when the 1F error code shows up? Does the machine quit cooling?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Please recheck your model number too please, that one does not pull up as good.

The closest match is LFX25991ST/02

Jake

jlpicardq

Premium Member
What happens when the 1F error code shows up? Does the machine quit cooling?
It still cools, however there is some water (not alot) on the floor in front of the refrigerator, and it stops producing ice and dispensing water. It continues to cool, and the freezer continues to work.

- - - Updated - - -

Please recheck your model number too please, that one does not pull up as good.

The closest match is LFX25991ST/02

Jake
Correct, it is LFX25991ST/02

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks, That error code should be ER IF, which is the ice maker fan motor.

Our tech Wild is the expert on these LG models.

He said this:

Take everything out of the freezer. Depending on the model, some had to remove the drawer slide rails and some do not.

The back wall panel is just held on by snaps, no screws. Grab hold and pull firmly. Do not pull all the way out till you disconnect the wires behind the wall. Once out, IMMEDIATELY check the ice maker fan which on the left side of the wall panel to see if it moves freely. If it is hard to turn, you have ice inside the motor and it must be replaced. If you see ice inside the fan blades, you may be able to save it by just melting the ice and reinstalling it.

Hope this helps.
Here's the Ice maker fan motor assembly for your model you can order:
ABA72913413 Bracket Assembly,motor

Jake

jlpicardq

Premium Member
Thank you! I'll check the motor this week, and if it needs to be replaced I'll definitely pick it up from you guys. I appreciate the guidance.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds good, let us know how it goes.

Jake

KTurne

I have had to manually defrost my LG LFX31945ST several times in the four years we have had it because of the motor freezing up. If it weren't for the internet I would not have known how to fix this problem with a hair dryer. It breaks about once a year depending on the humidity level, which is usually highest here in the Mid-South in the summer. The proximity to our kitchen island makes it difficult to remove the freezer drawers easily, so I have to basically crawl into the freezer compartment and insert my arm with the hair dryer as far as I can to hit the motor area. It is a huge pain to pull out the unit and contort myself into the freezer compartment with a hair dryer to accomplish this repair. There is a class action against LG for the cost of repairs, food and appliance replacement because of this flawed product. topclassactions.com Try the hair dryer first. Hope this helps.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yuppers, there is about 2 pages worth of class actions on LG and Kenmore 795 made by LG:

That's why all the techs. here, including myself, have always told folks from Day 1 to avoid LG and Samsung.:)

Jake