• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LFX25991ST How do I clean the drip pan? Is this condensation or do I have a leak?

sewobsessed

Premium Member
Model Number
LFX25991ST
Brand
LG
Horrific smell coming from under LG french door fridge. Removed back panel and there is some orange slime and liquid in drip pan....can I just clean the pan or do I have a leak I need to assess? How do I access the pan? Do I have to drop the entire back panel? see attached photo Thanks!

Attachments

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
It's a major job to pull that out. You need to carefully slide the entire condensing unit out from under the machine being careful not to bend or kink any copper lines then remove the condensor the same way. You'll be better off if you can clean it from there. The white plastic hose is the defrost drain line. Most likely something got spilled inside the machine and some came out the drain line.

sewobsessed

Premium Member
Thank you...that's what I thought. I cleaned the coils and vent really well and let it run with the back off for several hours and it seemed to dry up most of the liquid. I think the vent that was under the coils was blocked and it was allowing moisture to build up. I'll call a repair man if the condensing unit ends up having to come out...I'd be in over my head....Thanks for the reply...