LFX28977ST LG French Door: Water Dispensing on its own

Inaki

Premium Member
Model Number
LFX28977ST
Brand
LG
I have an LG model LFX28977ST french door refrigerator. Four months ago water dispensed on its own from dispenser. I purged the system in the event of air in lines- it worked. Water began dispensing on its own again a few days ago. I purged but nothing happened. Water comes out (only about 6-8 oz) almost every hour. I have a bucket to hold the water. Also, when I push the water dispenser it continues dispensing water for a second or two after i remove the glass from it. I welcome any ideas on a solution.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Sounds like your dispenser switch is sticking in the ON position(button on the switch pushed-in) at times.

Here's the dispenser switch for your model:
6600JB3001E Switch

You have to remove the front dispenser plastic facia to get access to it. No screws, just pops off.

The plastic facia can be removed by inserting a thin flexible spatula between the facia and the door. I used an auto trim tool (plastic). Be careful not to damage door or plastic. Start at the bottom and depress three plastic tabs while pulling on the unit.

Try a putty knife and it should pop-off.

Jake

Inaki

Premium Member
Thx. I removed the dispenser cover and identified the switch for the ice and there were two for the water. The one for the ice was easy go get to. As Murphy would have it the water switches were impossible for me to remove. I am taking a break from the project and will continue to research this. Welcome any ideas. I saw the video related to the part, however the dispenser assembly in the video is different than mine. This LG model is quite complicated- at least to get to the water switches.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

The switch is held in place by one screw and a plastic rod. Undo screw and slide switch out.

I found a video that should be exactly like yours(except your model has two of these switches), but you should get the general idea.

[video=youtube_share;BBPpkAIreoo]https://youtu.be/BBPpkAIreoo[/video]

Let us know how it goes.

Jake