• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LFX31925ST LG Refrigerator evaporator fan for the refrigerator is not blowing in the cold air

f250

Premium Member
Model Number
LFX31925ST
Brand
LG
I have the same refrigerator. In april 2020 mine stopped cooling, an LG authorized repair technician from 100 miles away replaced my compressor, and both evaporators my cost $450now only freezer works. I put a new main board in $200 still no refrigerator, but freezer works good. I have determined that the evaporator fan for the refrigerator is not blowing in the cold air, but will work in the test mode. What could keep the fan from coming on?? I have a good working freezer now,and $ invested now $650 Please help...

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
We need the complete model number of your refrigerator first.

Click here: Appliance Parts

Then you will see a link that says: How to find a model number.

I'm moving your post to your own thread too.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks!

Here's the service manual for your model: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzvgAyLTSh14TmxCOC1IT0JkREk/view?usp=sharing

On page 31 it explains what to check and test for. You will need a multimeter.

Here's the refrigerator fan motor for your model you can order if needed: EAU64824401 Motor,dc

Here's the PCB(Control Board) for your model you can order if needed, its located in the back of your refrigerator, that's where you will check the REFRIGERATOR Fan motor voltage on CONNECTOR 6--->PINS 3 2 1 from step 4 on page 31.

EBR75234703 Pcb Assembly,main

Let us know what you find.

Jake

f250

Premium Member
I have replaced the PCB, and the fan blows in cold air while in test mode only. I am assuming that the fan motor is good. Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Only way to tell is do that test above.:)

Test mode does not matter, real time matters.:)

Jake

f250

Premium Member
Tried checking today, not very good with multimeter. Trying to touch the small pins behind connector 6 hard to do, readings all over the place. when opening a door on refrigerator you can hear a fan running while holding button in as if door is closed, but no air movement. I put my original PCB back in since the technician had programmed it for the new compressor. I`m wondering if he didn`t put it back together correctly after replacing both evaporators?? I have a good working freezer section, maybe I need to give up and use it like that. Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You can use this safety pin trick for the meter leads:

Safety pin.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Your welcome.

Jake