• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LFX31925ST LG Refrigerator Makes Occasional Knocking Noise

GregM

Premium Member
Model Number
LFX31925ST
Brand
LG
We've had our LG French Door with Freezer for 4 years with no issues. Now it will occasionally make a knocking noise with 7-13 loud knocks and then nothing for 20-40 minutes. I pulled the fridge out and removed the lower back panel and the noise is NOT coming from there. I shut off water and turned off the ice maker to make sure this was not the problem. I learned that if I cycled power to the fridge it would knock shortly afterwards. I put my ear up to the back of the fridge and was able to locate the noise dead center middle at approximately the line where fridge and freezer meet. The only part I could see per the service manual is the damper, but I don't know how often this cycles or if it would operate 7-13 times for the knocks. The fridge and freezer are holding temp just fine and I just want to stop the occasional knocking … a distraction during the day and not something one likes to hear in the middle of the night.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Greg,

Can you make a video of this noise? Then upload it to Youtube or share it on Google Drive or Dropbox and post the link here.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

chriscam75

Premium Member
My LG fridge as now started doing this, what did you determine was the issue?
THanks,
Chris