LFX33975ST/03 LG fridge is throwing a F DS code

robbesser

Premium Member
Model Number
LFX33975ST/03
Brand
LG
Our fridge problems started with a blown fuse overnight on the PCB main assembly board. Easy enough I ordered a new board and installed it. After I installed the board everything powered up and it started to work again. However when the freezer temp reached 20 deg it threw an F DS code. After researching it I found out the controller assembly with the defrost sensor needed replacing.

I ordered the new part and installed it with the same exact result. After freezer got to 20 deg it threw the same F DS code again. This time I unplugged the fridge and waited 20 min to reset the code. After unplugging it the temp went back up to 28 in the freezer.

I plugged it in and the code reset this time when the freezer got to -2 the code showed up again. Where do I go from here?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Was it doing this before the fuse blow on the control board?

Sounds like you got a defective control board, where did you get it from?

Here's the main control board for your model: EBR75234708 Pcb Assembly,main

Jake

robbesser

Premium Member
Not that we're aware of. The fridge died overnight while we were sleeping. It was working fine before we went to bed. Like I said though both freezer and fridge are getting to temp with the code still on display. I'm watching for temp rise now before I unplug it today.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Rob, keep us posted.:)

Jake