• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LFXC24726S LG fridge not cooling

hpfish10

Premium Member
Model Number
LFXC24726S
Brand
LG
Our LG frig is not cooling. I called the LG support they said it has past the 5 yr part/labor warranty. But the condenser is covered until 10yr. I called some local contractors, they said if compressor is the issue, they suggest to buy a new frig.
I did some tests:
- pressed test switch 1st time, internal fans seem running but only warm air,
- pressed it the second time only bottom freezer fan running.
- pressed 3rd time it went to normal state.
After running some minutes, the red LED light on the board flashed 6 times.

In the normal mode, when I opened the doors, no internal fan running. The compressor seems ok, it vibrates and the white fan spins.
Do I have compressor issue? Do you have any suggestions I should do before I junk it?
Thanks for any advise/help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I called the LG support they said it has past the 5 yr part/labor warranty. But the condenser is covered until 10yr.
Check your owners manual again, usually its the compressor that's warrantied for 10 years, not the condenser.

Yes, if the compressor is running and its not cooling, you possibly have a faulty compressor, or a sealed system leak or restriction.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Great, that's what I thought!

Jake

hpfish10

Premium Member
One local service company priced it $700 for labor if the compressor is covered. Will it worth it to fix?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Its up to you, the rule of thumb is if it costs half of a new refrigerator, its best to just save the repair money for the new refrigerator.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.