LFXS29626W/01 LG Refrigerator Error FF

Happy in VT

Premium Member
Model Number
LFXS29626W/01
Brand
LG
Hi Guys,

So I now have an LG Refrigerator that is having problems with the freezer fan not working (determined from other forum posts based on the error code). I'm not sure of the procedure or the exact parts needed to fix it. Can someone offer some help? It's a really nice fridge, but there isn't anyone in my area that services LGs. I am really handy with things and have already repaired a microwave, front load washer, dryer, and built-in oven through this forum, so my hopes are pretty high that the same will happen this time.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

For some reason this model isn't pulling up the parts diagram properly, so you will need to remove the freezer fan motor and read the part number off of it and post it here. Or take a photo of it and upload it here.

Watch this video, it shows you how to access it:

Jake

Happy in VT

Premium Member
So I went to start taking apart the freezer to access the freezer fan and noticed a bunch of ice frozen coming out the back panel inside. I have a feeling that there is ice preventing the fan from turning and that is the cause of my woes with the FF error code. LG's website says to defrost the refrigerator for at least 8 hours and then try again. It will probably work fine...for awhile. What could the be the root cause if the fan does actually turn as it should after manually defrosting?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ice or frost? Can you take a photo of it? I need to see the entire evaporator coil.

Jale

Happy in VT

Premium Member
So I didn't get back to the refrigerator until the next morning to get pictures. By that time all of the ice was gone from inside the freezer compartment. Before it melted though there was ice coming out of the square hole in the middle of the back panel between the two vent holes that you can see in the second picture. When I took off the back panel there was still ice in the space below the coil. You can see how much of it was still left in the first picture. I did check the fan and it was spinning quite freely at this point. I tried to find a part number on it, but didn't have any luck. I read on the LG website that sometimes this happens and it just has to be manually defrosted overnight to remedy the problem. Since I couldn't see anything else out of sorts other than the ice, I put it back together and it is working like it should. I'm just concerned that it happened in the first place. I thought these units were supposed to be frost free and never need manual defrosting. Am I wrong, or is it just an unfortunate side-effect of manufacturers trying to make more energy efficient units?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Did you get the part number from that evaporator fan motor?

That's what you will need to fix it.

I thought these units were supposed to be frost free and never need manual defrosting. Am I wrong, or is it just an unfortunate side-effect of manufacturers trying to make more energy efficient units?
For other brands yes, for LG and Samsung no.

LG and Samsung make great TV's and cell phones, but when it comes to home appliances not so much. LOL

Jake