• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LFXS29766S LG - Second glass of water is very slow

griffin_pak

Premium Member
Model Number
LFXS29766S
Brand
LG
We have a LFXS29766S door in door fridge. Even after changing the water filter the water flow is very slow. The first glass fills up normally however the second class takes approximately 3x time. I did troubleshoot with LG, my icebox doesn't have the proper amount of ice. Any suggestions? Thank you.

griffin_pak

Premium Member
Sorry I meant to say my icebox has the appropriate amount of ice
LG just sent me in circles and then blamed my water pressure....

Once I told them that the first glass fills up super quick, they then said it's working.... and no actions are needed on their end

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
OK, so if I'm following you correctly, when you fill a glass with water it's super quick and if you try to fill a second glass the water flow slows down. Does it stay like that (3rd 4th or 5th glass)? If you wait for a while will it come out super fast again?

griffin_pak

Premium Member
OK, so if I'm following you correctly, when you fill a glass with water it's super quick and if you try to fill a second glass the water flow slows down. Does it stay like that (3rd 4th or 5th glass)? If you wait for a while will it come out super fast again?
Yes you got it. If I'm filling in a row 2,3,4,5 will be painfully slow
If I wait at least 5min or so it will come super fast again

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
OK, Last question. Is this something that just started or was it always like that? Behind the machine locate the main water valve. It's what your water supply line connects to. A flow sensor is attached to the valve. Disconnect disconnect the flow sensor connector. It's the one with a red black and white wire. Measure the resistance of the flow sensor across the red and black wires. Your meter should indicate around 30 ohms or less.