FIXED LG 3-door fridge, articulating mullion spring replacement - LFX25976ST/00, PN MHY62044103

Agmont

Premium Member
Is that a spring I see in the picture? In the right quarter of the assembly? Mine has no spring there but I can see where it should go.

GR_PA

Premium Member
Hi...

I just found this very useful thread, but have a slightly different question.

Model: LFX25978ST /01

The spring broke at the hinge that is attached to the door. How does one go about removing the old piece from the hinge? In some models it appears that you can push it out from the bottom, but it doesn’t seem possible here as the bottom is sealed. I have tried pulling it out with needle nose pliers, but since it is flush I can’t grab anything.

If this requires a new hinge on the door, does anyone have the part number?

Picture included for additional clarification.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

GR_PA

Premium Member
You're going to need the whole assembly.

AGU74429101 or AGU73530705
Thank you for your response. Fortunately when I pulled off the mullion, I realized that I the hinge on the door side slides off/on, so I was able to swap the top and bottom pieces as they are the same. So now it’s back together and working properly, but when I took off the mullion i realized that the wire was broken and I will need to purchase a new one after all. Quite frustrating as it appears to be a poor design that can’t support the ongoing opening/closing without compromising the wiring harness over time.