FIXED LG Bottom Freezer Fridge model LMXS30776S/01 Not Cooling

Vipmaint70

Premium Member
Model Number
LMXS30776S
Brand
LG
Hey Guys i have a lg fridge that is not cooling at all when i plug it up it kicks my breaker on my gfci outlet but if i plug it up using a cord that has no ground the compressor will run but never cools or gets cool. it sounds like the compresor when i read this back to myself but i pull the start device and ohm out the compressor and its withing specs and there is no short from compressor to ground from either pin...sounds fishy to me any ideas what i could try next?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, its a bad compressor even when its running, because there is a piston in the compressor that's not pumping the frozen through the sealed system properly.

Check your owners manual warranty, I was out on a LG refrigerator Saturday in Parker, Arizona for this same problem, and their model had a 7 year warranty on the compressor.

Jake

Vipmaint70

Premium Member
thanks i did some more troubleshooting and it was in fact the compressor...got a new one on the way from LG for free...seems it had a 10 Year warranty on the compressor...just had to purchase a drier. i didn't get the one through lg it was over 60.00 i bought a generic one for 6.95 through a hvac supplier....thanks for helping out.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent.:)

Who is going to replace it?

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Are you a refrigeration tech?

Have you ever replaced a compressor before?

Jake

Vipmaint70

Premium Member
Yeah I've done this kinda work off and on for 18 years...i started working on appliances and heat pumps when i was in college at an appliance store...and worked as a tech for a few companies since then...i also have had my own repair business for the last 4 years. until this one i have never worked on an LG bottom freezer but once i got into its basically like any other....getting that compressor replaced under warranty was a big help though. hard to believe they have 10 years on their compressors. I remember most having like 5 years or so and like 1 on parts. It should be a easy fix once i get it in there and get it all hooked up.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.:)

Let us know how it goes after you replace it.:)

Jake

Vipmaint70

Premium Member
Replaced compressor this morning and unit is cooling. The new compressor is so much quieter than the old one...i can actually hear the fan running now inside the fridge. Thanks everyone for your help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear that.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's odd, it wasn't doing that before you replaced the compressor?

Jake