LG Dehumidifer Overflows

boxer

Premium Member
Model Number
LD450EAL
Brand
LG
I have a LG dehumidifier, Model LD450EAL. Recently it has started overflowing -- it does not shut off soon enough and the bucket gets too full. It does eventually shut off when the water is right at the top of the bucket. When I pull the bucket out I get a lot of water sloshing and falling on the floor (carpet).

There is a red switch behind the bucket that senses that the bucket is in and turns the unit on. It seems to be working and turning the unit on/off. There is also a float mechanism in the bucket which I assume activates the red switch when the bucket is full. However, there seems to be no way to adjust anything to ensure it turns off at the right water level.

Also, I've heard some of these units have an electronic water level sensor, but I can't see anything readily.

Does anyone know if this unit has a sensor or is it just a float activated switch? And how does one adjust it to shut off sooner?

Thanks.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

Got nowhere with the model#. It is electronic controlled?

Does anyone know if this unit has a sensor or is it just a float activated switch?
Even float activated switches go to an electronic board on electronic controlled units :(
Float arm in the bucket moves freely?

jeff.

boxer

Premium Member
Model is similar to LHD45EL -- that was the original model I bought about 6 years ago from Home Depot, then LG replaced it with the current model about 2 years ago under warranty -- keep having problems with it.

Yes, the float arm does move freely.

wildimaginations

Appliance Tech
You may have a float/switch assembly that is going out and may need to be replaced. The part number is 6600A30003C. I've never worked on one before but through the information I can obtain, that would be the problem.

Hope this helps.