• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED LG Dishwasher LDF5545ST OE error code

Brokenfridge

Premium Member
Model Number
LDF5545ST
Brand
LG
Hi,
I'm having trouble with my dishwasher. Originally, it gave me a IE error code and wouldn't start a cycle. I figured it was the water inlet valve, replaced that without a problem. Now, the dishwasher will turn on and attempt to start a cycle but will start/stop for about 4 cycles and 15 minutes and then flash a OE error code. I checked the hose connected to the garbage disposal, no clog noted on that end. The drain tubing behind the dishwasher seemed fine- I didn't see any kinks in it.
Based on my research, it looks like there's either a clog near the drain pump (drain pump filter?) or my drain pump is bad.
Does anyone have any direction/ or a service manual for how to take out the drain pump and access where a clog might be hiding?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Check the resistance of the drain motor. It should measure 20Ω to 40Ω. The drain hose connects to the sump outlet. Check for a blockage there with the drain hose removed. Unfortunately, I don't have any service info on that model. LG dishwashers are a PITA to work on. You'll need to pull the machine out of its installation to work on it.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Rick? Why do they call the drain pump a Case Assembly?

Jake

Brokenfridge

Premium Member
Alright, just to make sure we're talking about the same part I posted a photo of what I am calling the drain pump. The resistance reading on the pump that I got was 4.5 ohms.

Attachments

Brokenfridge

Premium Member
So I took the drain pump out (what I posted in my photo) tested it, resistance was fine. I wasn’t able to get the casing assembly out - couldn’t figure out the dang electrical connection! Haha. Got mad and put everything back together- now the dishwasher is giving me the IE error code. Any ideas for what has cursed my dishwasher?

Brokenfridge

Premium Member
Also to note- I replaced the water inlet valve earlier this week when this dishwasher event started with an original IE code (it gave me the oe code after the inlet valve)

Brokenfridge

Premium Member
Alright so I got into test mode - I received the code “nE” with chirping. This happened when I reached the 4th, 5th, and 7th test in test mode. Per the service manual- it says nE means a Vario valve failure. Other research says this code could mean that vario valve, a broken diverter switch, or a control module failure. Does this seem right? Would you proceed with the vario valve?

Attachments

Brokenfridge

Premium Member
Alright- so I checked the resistance on the case assembly and the vario motor and both were fine. I couldn’t figure out a good way to test if the pcb board is bad- that’s next on the differential for what could be wrong. Is there a good way to test the old pcb board before I put in a new one?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Most of the time we diagnose bad boards by the process of elimination. If everything else checks good that's probably the issue.

Brokenfridge

Premium Member
Alright! Well, after a lot of testing (I was able to get ahold of a service manual) and some trial and error- I replaced the control board AGM76429503 and was able to finally run a cycle!
Everything seems good so far. Thanks Rick and Jake for all the advice!