• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED LG Dishwasher LDT7797BD error code HE and control panel has no lights

nerfjames

Premium Member
Model Number
LDT7797BD
Brand
LG
I recently picked up a used LG LDT7797BD Dishwasher in hopes to fix it up and get it working. I knew at the time of purchase that it would display the HE error code and not complete the heat portion of the cycle. I did not do a ton of homework before getting the dishwasher, because I assumed I would be able to put in a new heating element and most likely fix the problem. But unfortunately I discovered that my model LDT7797BD doesn't use a traditional heating element. So now I'm at a bit of a loss as to what I should attempt first to fix the problem. From what I've read on this forum, it sounds like there could be some sort of heating element in the Casing Assembly? Would that be the best place to start?

Also, another odd issue the unit is having (that apparently the previous owner did not have) is that none of the lights are working on the control panel. The buttons work, the unit will chime & start, but no lights are displayed at all on the control panel. The interior lights inside the dishwasher work fine. I do not know if these two problems could be related.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• LG model.jpg
    LG model.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2407.PNG
    IMG_2407.PNG
    570.1 KB · Views: 51

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I don't have any tech data information on this model.

The closest I have is for this model, which uses the exact same Heating Element (aka Casing Assembly) yours does:

Here's the Heating Element (aka Casing Assembly) for your model:
ABT72989206 Casing Assembly,pump

Yes, sounds like you have 2 problems.

Here's the control panel assembly for your model: AGM75469910

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent James, glad to hear the new Casing Assembly fixed the HE error code problem.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake