• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED LG - DLEX3370W - Gets warm, not hot while drying

JJG0623

Premium Member
Model Number
DLEX3370W
Brand
LG
Hello - I am in need of some help. My LG dryer has not been working as it usually does, Its heating up just not as hot as it normally would be and i have to run the dry cycle twice to get the clothes dry and they are still not 100 % dry.

I opened up the dryer and vacuumed/cleaned everything inside.

I tested for continuity on the Thermal Fuse, (2) Thermostats and the heating element and they all tested ok

The Thermistor however tested at 8.46 ohms at room temp, should be closer to 11 from what i was able to find out, so i believe this is the bad part.

Any thoughts or ideas on what it could be? What about the moisture bars? i couldn't find instructions on how to test them

thanks

JJG0623

Premium Member
Just wanted to update - I removed the thermistor and it sat overnight in my kitchen, it tested it again and it was 10.46

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Still sounds like you have a vent restriction, normal dry times should be no longer than 70 minutes.

Pull the dryer out from the wall, then remove the exhaust hose from the back of it, then dry a load with no exhaust on it and post the results.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

Lets ohm test the heating element.

Unplug the dryer and access the heating element directly to physically ohm test the element itself with the wires removed from the element terminals.

Watch this video to ohm test it:

Here's the heating element for this model(Video included):
Heating Element Assembly 5301EL1001J

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

Did you double check to make sure you are getting 240 volts to the dryer? Dryers can run on 120 volts for the motor, but needs 240 volts to heat properly.

First make sure your getting 240 volts at the terminal block in the back of your dryer. The outer wires are hot, middle wire is neutral. So put your meter probes on each of the two outer wires at the terminal block and see what your meter reads, you should get 240 volts between the two outer wires on the terminal block.

If voltage to the dryer is 240 volts, then check for 240 volts at the heating element terminals when its on high heat and running. Be Careful not to touch anything else.

Jake

JJG0623

Premium Member
FIXED - It was the moisture bars, they were so clogged with lint and developed a coating on them. I cleaned them with rubbing alcohol and reassembled everything. Exhaust temp is now up to 150 degrees F

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, good job. (y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake