• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LG DLEX5101V Dryer Blower wheel issue?

RonT111

Premium Member
Model Number
DLEX5101V
Brand
LG
I have a 10 year old LG dryer that has been pretty good for the past 9 years, however last year started noticing cycles taking longer to dry. Cleaned lint pipe all the way to the outside, very little build up, but it started to work fine...for a while. 4 months back started having the longer dry time, condensation on door, and damp clothes.

Rechecked vent from inside dryer to outside vent everything was fully clean, changed flex tube from dryer to pipe, got new lint trap and it worked for a few weeks and back to damp clothes, no lint on lint trap. Disconnected from vent pipe and bought indoor lint trap and everything is working fine, fast/short dry cycles, etc.

Hooked it back up to exterior vent and it wouldn't dry. I Don't want to keep it vented in the house due to too much humidity and excess dust/lint that doesn't all get caught in water trap. Wondering if it is blower wheel or motor is bad? No excess noises noted during dryer cycles.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Usually when it dry's perfect with the indoor vent kit, but not your normal vent to the outside, that indicates you still have a vent restriction.

But you can check the blower wheel if you want to see if you have lint build-up in the blowing wheel housing.

When you click the link to the blower wheel you will see a video on HOW TO access it to see if lint build up is in it.

Here's the blower wheel for your model:
Blower Wheel 5835EL1002A

Jake

RonT111

Premium Member
I thought it was a vent restriction, vent pipe has a few bends, but ran a rotary brush through it which comes out clean and cleaned inside again with no issues which is why I wasn't sure what else it could be.
Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Ron, then your vent seems clean and clear.

Jake