• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LG Dryer DLE2101W 240V has no power to LCD or Anything

SD1985

Premium Member
Model Number
DLE2101
Brand
LG
Hello,

I have a LG Dryer / model #DLE2101W wired to 240V that will not turn on. No display or anything when you press power button. I started having the issue couple weeks ago and it was intermittent but now it will not turn on for good.

So far I have noticed that L2/red has 120V, white N/common, and L1/Black has no voltage.

The strange thing is that I used a flow meter and on my receptacle I have 240V but on my terminals the black wire has 0V. So I’m scratching my head to understand how the dryer is able to lower the L1 voltage from my receptacle on the terminal to 0V. Also I checked the thermal fuse for continuity and it checked out good. Door switch checked out good. Belt switch checked out good. Not sure what else to check so if you have any suggestions, please let me know. Also if someone has a service manual then I would be in debt ��. Thanks Guys!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sorry SD, we must of missed your thread by accident.

Whats a flow meter?

I just use a regular meter like this one:
Multimeter

So far I have noticed that L2/red has 120V, white N/common, and L1/Black has no voltage.
That indicates a break in the line, if you are getting 240v across both 120 legs then your outlet is good. You should be getting the same at the terminal block where the power cord hooks up to your dryer.

On your terminal block, the outer wires are hot, middle wire is neutral.

If you don't, then it can only be a power cord problem.

Jake

SD1985

Premium Member
No worries, thank you for replying. I did replace the power cord and it did not resolve the problem. The strange thing is that it is only when I hook up the the power cord to the terminals on the dryer. I tried hooking up the power cord to another dedicated terminal that I custom made and I get proper voltage. So I guess what I’m trying to understand is how I’m loosing a 120V phase(black wire) as soon as I hook it up to the dryer. I’m curious if the there is a safety measure that shuts that phase off via Main PCB.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member