• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LG Dryer DLE7300WE TE1 Error issue

iloveamanda12

Premium Member
Model Number
DLE7300WE
Brand
LG
So, this feels like a long story but it feels necessary to explain every small detail.

Our LG DLE7300WE was in the middle of a cycle and just randomly stopped spinning. Upon attempting to restart the cycle, a click audibly came from the right side of the control panel. Researched and found how to reset the error code (breaker off, good start button for five seconds). It was unsuccessful.

Fast forward to finding a thermal fuse/thermostat (both names have been used for it so I’m not positive which to call it - located on the blower housing right next to the thermistor) did not have continuity. I replaced it and the dryer started right up, however it would only run for a few seconds and then blink “te1” on the display. Tried the reset code procedure and I replaced the thermistor and the dryer would run. I put the whole thing back together and back in place.

The first cycle ran did the exact same thing, a few seconds before displaying the same error code. I messed with the control panel, checked resistance for the thermistor wires at the control panel (blue and yellow wires on the six pin harness), checked connections, looked for faulty wiring, took out the thermistor and reinstalled it, and also tried the reset code procedure again.

Put it back together. I ran a cycle, it worked just fine. Next day, I moved the dryer back to its spot. TE1 ERROR! So now, 3/4 of the time I have the error code and the other 1/4 of the time, the dryer runs fine. The dryer produces heat, spins fine, and seems to have no issues other than the error code. The reset procedure doesn’t seem to have any effect.

Does anyone have any ideas where my issue is? Thank you so much in advance.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The reason your thermal fuse blow out is because of a vent restriction, and thus when you pushed the dryer back you are getting this error again.

You will need to pull the dryer out again and clean out the exhaust hose and vent ducting that goes to the outside of your house, then the dryer should be fine without the TE1 error coming back.

Jake

iloveamanda12

Premium Member
Thanks for the quick response, Jake. Unfortunately, the duct is completely clear. I wish it had been that easy. Just awhile ago, I replaced the high limit thermostat and the other thermal fuse. No luck. Tried pushing the wires back in the harness on the thermistor harness on the main board. No luck.

Seems that once the dryer warms up, it works fine but it’s a pain to get to that point. Usually 5-10 attempts to start it before it will continue running unimpeded. Don’t know what alternatives to try. I think at this point I might be forced to leave well enough alone. It’s annoying, but it’s doing the job it seems.