• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED LG Dryer DLG2141 Drum Baffle issue

dougefresh

Premium Member
Model Number
DLG2141
Brand
LG
I have an LG Dryer (PN DLG2141) where the drum baffle looks to have come unscrewed from the drum (see pic below). I haven’t found the screws and don’t know the screw type, diameter and grip length.

Are replacement baffles available and easy to install? It appears that the dryer front cover may have to come off to be able to get to the outer drum shell to install the baffle screws for installation? I may be able to just re-install new screws into the existing baffle, but the baffle is plastic so I’m concerned that the screw holes may be stripped or not retain the screws under dryer load…or, it’s a baffle assy (baffle + screws)? It may be better to just buy a new baffle, but I can’t find the part number for my LG (or screw info).

I also was unable to find instructions on the process to replace the baffle.

I’ll probably still have to run the dryer until I get this fixed, but I’m assuming the only loss in doing this will be efficiency (lack of clothes separation, so less efficient drying).

Jake, I’m hoping you’ll be able to help me out as you’ve always been great at providing video, links and part numbers!

Attachments

• IMG_20210806_180152.jpg
    IMG_20210806_180152.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_20210806_180318.jpg
    IMG_20210806_180318.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_20210806_180129.jpg
    IMG_20210806_180129.jpg
    392.3 KB · Views: 106

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
LG calls the drum baffles lifters. For some odd reason that don't come with screws and they don't list the screws they use on their parts list. Just another reason to hate LG appliances. LOL

You can take the new lifter to your local hardware store and you should be able to find screws they take.

Here's the lifter for your model you can order:
lg-lifter-4432el1002a-ap4436745_01_l.jpg

Jake

dougefresh

Premium Member
Jake,
Do you know if the dryer front cover or anything else needs to be removed to be able to get to the screws to install the lifter? Or do the screws install into the lifter and then the lifter installed from the inside of the drum? I wasn't able to find any video or info online about this. Thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Just the top panel comes off, then its easy to replace, the baffle screws are on the outside of the drum.

Watch this video to remove the top panel:

Jake

dougefresh

Premium Member
Jake,
Well, I finally got around to finish the baffle (lifter) replacement on my LG dryer. It was just running inefficiently while missing the one baffle. I did more research on trying to find out what fasteners are required for the baffle insl (onto the outer part of the drum)....no luck. So I took a chance and looked up how to remove/replace the entire drum with a chance that I might find the original baffle screws inside the dryer housing. Lucky me and I was able to find all 3 screws after removing the drum. This allowed me to vacuum out the dryer housing too. Good learning experience! I'm not sure I'm able to exactly identify the screw type and size, but from what I can guess is that it's a type of sheet metal screw that looks like a #M10x1" (qty 3). See pics. Thanks again for your great help and always appreciate the part numbers and links to videos!

Attachments

• LG Dryer Lifter Fastener M10x1 #1.jpg
    LG Dryer Lifter Fastener M10x1 #1.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 84
  • LG Dryer Lifter Fastener M10x1 #2.jpg
    LG Dryer Lifter Fastener M10x1 #2.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 85

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Doug, good job.(y)

Thanks for the update!