• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED LG Dryer DLGX2651R Not Drying - Not Hot Enough

home4sale2

Premium Member
Same problem as Bob. Burner only runs for a few seconds and then shuts off, comes on every minute or two. Rick, what should the temperature be at the vent?

home4sale2

Premium Member
Thanks Rick. I will post under my model number if you think it's better, didn't want to hijack this thread. My model number is DLGX2651R

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Since you have a different model number than Bob, we have to move your posts to this new thread.

Jake

home4sale2

Premium Member
I am curious what the part number is for solenoid coils in the valve for this unit. Can't seem to find it. If it's the valve, do I have to replace the whole assembly?

home4sale2

Premium Member
I guess it's sold as the whole valve assembly? Either way, I disconnected the vent hose and the dryer is behaving much better. The burner is staying on longer and it does feel like a low speed and hot enough hair dryer. Time to change the length of the vent hose (by going diagonally versus 90 degree bends and longer distances due to the walls) and the hose itself which I had been putting off.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, it looks like you can't get the gas coils separately, they only come with the gas valve assembly.

Here's the gas valve assembly for your model(Video Included):
5221EL2002A Gas Burner Valve Assembly

I disconnected the vent hose and the dryer is behaving much better. The burner is staying on longer and it does feel like a low speed and hot enough hair dryer. Time to change the length of the vent hose (by going diagonally versus 90 degree bends and longer distances due to the walls) and the hose itself which I had been putting off.
Yes, usually that is the cause, good find.(y)

Jake

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Dryer Venting.jpeg

home4sale2

Premium Member
So I finally removed the flexible crap that the contractor had put in with a 24 foot run with 5 bends. It was half full of lint. I did use the semi rigid aluminum hose and reduced the run to about 16 feet (by going diagonally across the ceiling in my basement)) and about a half inch drop per foot with 3 bends. The dryer is working like a charm. My only concern is that the airflow (with or without duct) is sort of gusty and not a consistent flow. Will have to keep an eye on that one. For now, it's drying our clothes in 1/3 of the time it had been taking lately.

Last edited: