• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LG electric range doesn't reach temperature LRE3083ST

lre3083st

Premium Member
Model Number
LRE3083ST
Brand
LG
I have an all electric range. LG model lre3083st. All burners work fine. The broiler works fine. The oven does heat up using both elements, and the oven thinks it's at the proper temperate, but it's not.
No error codes.
Verified that it's about 100 degrees lower than the set temperature in my test using an accurate in over thermometer. ex. I set the over to 425, and my accurate thermometer was at 330 degrees. It seems that the lower bake element is not heating up as it should. This of course happened after an oven self clean.

I have tested:

Upper broiler element test good for continuity
Lower bake element test good for continuity
Oven cavity thermistor test 1.068 ohm at about 67 degrees
Thermal fuse has continuity
convection fan doesn't spin (I think this is not broken, but just another data point)

Wondering what the next step is. I'm guessing it's some kind of control board, I just am not sure which one, which part number?

Thanks in advance for your help

Last edited:

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Oven cavity thermistor test 1.068 ohm at about 67 degrees
Normal resistance is 1.09 KΩ ± 10% @ 77°F

Here's the part you possibly will need:
lg-pcb-assembly-main-ebr77562705-ap6040054_02_m.jpg

lre3083st

Premium Member
ok sounds good. keep us posted
Just a quick up date. I did get a new oven cavity thermostat, does better with new part but still not there. board you mentioned above purchased, just not received in the mail yet.

One quick question, I presume that pcb board also controls the convection fan motor, is that correct?

lre3083st

Premium Member
Latest update. I've installed the board mentioned above. Oven doing better but the convection fan still does not turn on. So I guess that's one of the next issues.
We've also noticed that when we bake, it seems the heat mostly comes from the top element. The bottom does heat up, but not as I would think it should. So I'll re-check the bottom element and replace that if it needs be.

What would be next to test regarding the convection fan? I was hoping it would have been taken care of from that control board replacement, but alas...

rickgburton

Staff member
I have a wiring diagram for a similar model that should be close to yours. There could be a problem with the relay board if the convection is not working. If your bake element comes on, it's OK. It sounds like it might have a sticky relay and not getting the voltage all the time. Is it just the convection fan that's not working? Does the element turn on?

lre3083st

Premium Member
The element does turn on. As far as I can tell it's just the fan that does not turn on. With this oven (at least from what we can recall) the fan would periodically turn on, we assume to mix the air regardless if convection was the setting, just to keep the temp more consistent through the whole oven space. I'll do another continuity check on the bottom element just to verify it's still ok.

rickgburton

Staff member
Check if the convection fan motor is getting 120 VAC. If the voltage is correct, replace the motor. No voltage, the problem is probably going to be the relay board. Do you have the wiring diagram that came with that machine? Can you post a copy here? The one I was using has a different relay board than yours. If I can find a schematic, I can tell you how to test it.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

lre3083st

Premium Member
I did find the tech schematic. It actually gives an ohm test for the fan itself so I can go do that. I’ll also check the connection side for 120 VAC as you suggested above and I’ll report back.

thanks!

lre3083st

Premium Member
120 VAC to the convection motor, and I can see/hear the relay opening/closing. Fan continuity is open, so it looks like it's the fan.