• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED LG Electric Range LRE30451SB/02 Oven will not maintain set temp

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsprout

Premium Member
Model Number
LRE30451SB
Brand
LG
When using the oven I start the bake cycle to heat to 350. It reaches this temperature and gives off the 3 beeps to let me know it's there. After I place whatever item I'm going to bake in the oven the temp display will indicate the oven is still at 350 degrees however when I open to check a short time later the actual temperature in the oven is significantly lower despite the 350 on the temp display. I restart the bake cycle and the temp display then shows a temp anywhere from 100 to 300 degrees. Trying to determine what part is malfunctioning.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

We need the complete model number first, read it from the tag on the Range.

Click here: Appliance Parts at RepairClinic. 125 Brands. 365 Day Returns.

Then you will see a link that says: What is a model number, and where do I find it?.

Should be one of these below:

LRE30451SB
LRE30451SB/01
LRE30451SB/02
LRE30451SB/03
LRE30451SB001
LRE30451SB002
LRE30451SB003
LRE30451ST
LRE30451ST/01
LRE30451ST/02
LRE30451ST/03
LRE30451ST001
LRE30451ST002
LRE30451ST003
LRE30451SW
LRE30451SW/01
LRE30451SW/02
LRE30451SW/03
LRE30451SW001
LRE30451SW002
LRE30451SW003

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks,

I'd first ohm test your oven sensor. You'd pull the Range out from the wall, then unplug it, then remove the back access panel, then you will see the little electrical connector that snaps to it, then unsnap it and ohm test the oven sensor part only.

Here's the oven sensor for your model:
Temperature Sensor 6322B62214A

[video=youtube_share;vWJOLFW2aw0]

If the oven sensor ohm tests good, then its possibly the relay board that controls the on/off cycle of the heating element inside the oven.

Here's the relay board for your model:
Relay Board 6871W1N012B

Jake

JohnnyB

Premium Member
I think this sensor is not right

This link shows the sensor on RepairClinic.com but when you go to the click on the actual link for the sensor it is labeled as "Hot Water Dispenser Temperature Sensor 6322B62214A"
Apparently NOT for an oven... I have the same problem as the original poster, and really need to fix it. The video is also showing the same water dispenser sensor.

HELP!!!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

JohnnyB

Premium Member
Hopefully the following images will upload when I post this reply.
These images From RepairClinic.com show the exact same picture and part number as the "oven sensor" but one is labeled a "Hot water dispenser temperature sensor" and and the other is an "Air conditioner temperature sensor"
It seems very unlikely this same part would be used for all three of these appliances.
ALSO.. there is nothing on the back of my range (after pulling off the rear panel) that looks like what I would expect to see based on the picture of this part.
I assume the long probe disappears into the range somewhere, so I should be seeing a rectangular metal piece with two screws and a pair of wires leading to a connector.
There is nothing like that on the back of my range.
There seems to be a glitch on the repairclinic.com/ website.
Any Advice would be GREATLY appreciated!

Hot Water.jpg

Air Conditioner.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I still don't see where you are seeing that at, post the link to those photos you posted above.

When I put your model number in RepairClinic:

Then I go to the oven sensor, 3rd part from the top I see this:

I need the exact model number of your range.

The oven sensor has to be inside the oven towards the top left side, do you see it per this video:

Jake

JohnnyB

Premium Member
Thanks for your continuing help Jake1

Your video shows a gas range. Mine is electric. The model # is LRE30451SW/03
There is a sensor in mine that looks similar but on the upper right side.
Depending on which page you you view the sensor from... you get the varying descriptions (with same picture and part #)
For instance when you just go to the range model and scroll down to click on the sensor it is called a "temperature sensor"
But if you go to the left side under "Common Problems" and choose "Oven doesn't bake evenly" then choose the sensor... it is now magically called Hot Water Dispenser Temperature Sensor 6322B62214A

The pictures I sent show the same exact part being called 3 different things by the same website... seems to me there is a problem with that

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Please give me the links to those photos you posted, so I can contact RepairClinic to see if there is a problem on their end.

Here's the other parts site we use: Parts for LG LRE30451SW003: Cavity Parts

#5021 its the same exact oven sensor for your model. It doesn't matter if your range is gas or electric, it works the same for both.

Yes, yours may be on the right side, but whatever side its on, it still has a plastic connector behind the back panel that you can access. If you can't locate it, then have LG come out and they will.

6322B62214A Thermistor,ptc

Jake

JohnnyB

Premium Member
Please give me the links to those photos you posted, so I can contact RepairClinic to see if there is a problem on their end.

Here's the other parts site we use: Parts for LG LRE30451SW003: Cavity Parts

#5021 its the same exact oven sensor for your model. It doesn't matter if your range is gas or electric, it works the same for both.

Yes, yours may be on the right side, but whatever side its on, it still has a plastic connector behind the back panel that you can access. If you can't locate it, then have LG come out and they will.

6322B62214A Thermistor,ptc

Jake

What's really strange is that after clicking the link and getting the incorrect description that I showed you in my photos... the link itself is the same and when you copypaste it and click on it, it goes back to the correct link where it calls it a temperature sensor.
This is bizarre! If you do it the way I mentioned above you will see what I saw. Go to the page for my range model, go to the left side under "Common Problems" and choose "Oven doesn't bake evenly", then choose the sensor on that page... it is now called Hot Water Dispenser Temperature Sensor 6322B62214A
Try it and you will see.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
LOL, You are correct, I did it the way you said and it does show Hot Water Dispenser Temperature Sensor 6322B62214A.

I will email our support person at RepairClinic and have them fix this. Thanks for pointing that out.:)

But so you know, its still the same oven sensor for your model.:)

Jake

JohnnyB

Premium Member
For even more fun go here:

It is the link for my model range under the heading "LG Oven Temperature Not Accurate"

Scroll down and choose the SAME temperature sensor and now it's called "LG Air Conditioner Temperature Sensor 6322B62214A"

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yup, your correct, I'll also point that out to RepairClinic.

Thanks Johnny.:)

Jake

JohnnyB

Premium Member
So after all this silliness, I finally metered the temp sensor and it's fine.
SO, I'm hoping it's this board... http://www.appliancepartspros.com/lg-pwb-pcb-assembly-6871w1n012b-ap4441283.html
It's only $74 and it's the only board visible after removing the back.
The exact problem I'm having is after reaching temp in the oven, the heating cycle stops.
Set it at 350, it does indeed reach 350 and signal you. But then it just stops and does not continue to re-heat to maintain the temp.
Eventually it would drop to 0. So now after reaching tempo for 15 minutes or so, I turn off the oven and reset it for original temp, then turn back on and I goes back to original preheat mode then dies again.
I will lose 15 - 20 degrees in 15 - 20 minutes, so I have to set it a bit higher then keep playing the turn it off and on game.

Any thoughts?

I also want to point out Jake, that you are a good egg for helping out a total stranger and I really appreciate it.

JohnnyB

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Johnny,

Check the voltage to the bake element at the relay board when it should be heating after the initial heat up to 350 degrees.
(click to enlarge)
Snapshot_1.jpg

Jake

JohnnyB

Premium Member
I'm assuming there is no transformer or rectifier that converts it to D/C? So I should be checking A/C voltage?

The stove is pushed back in right now so I can't look this moment... Are there only two terminals on that relay?

You'll have to let me buy you a drink sometime!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Its AC voltage.

Yes, only two terminals on that relay.

Jake

JohnnyB

Premium Member
My experience with multimeters is that the red lead always goes to hot side and black goes to ground or neutral when checking AC voltage. This has always annoyed me because black AND red are always HOT in home wiring. but on multimeters and car batteries Red is hot and black is always ground... someone should fix this!!! hahahaha
I'm not sure what might happen to the meter if I switched that accidentally.
Do you know which terminal is which.... or does it matter? Would I damage the meter if I did it wrong?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
On AC volts it doesn't matter which terminals you put your meter probes on.:)

Just put 1 meter probe on one, the other meter probe on the other and you should get 240 volts(When the oven is set to BAKE and 350 degrees.)

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.