• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED LG Electric Range LRE30451SB/02 Oven will not maintain set temp

JohnnyB

Premium Member
On AC volts it doesn't matter which terminals you put your meter probes on.:)

Just put 1 meter probe on one, the other meter probe on the other and you should get 240 volts(When the oven is set to BAKE and 350 degrees.)

Jake
The relay on the right (that your arrow is pointing to in your photo) reads a very small amount of current with the oven off. Nothing while preheating and nothing after preheating is complete.

The other relay on the left reads a very small amount of current with the oven off. Reads 240V while preheating and 240V after preheating is complete.

I'm guessing that means the right hand relay is bad and the board needs to be replaced? That's great because it appears to be a simple task and the board is only $74. Much cheaper than a new range!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's interesting.

Now turn broil ON and read me the voltages of each again.

Jake

JohnnyB

Premium Member
OK... when set on broil neither one reads anything. I don't think there is a preheating time for broil, right? So waiting and checking again would not change anything? The oven was getting warm though.

I checked the bake cycle again and this time the left relay was reading 240 (as before) right after I turned it on, then I heard it click after about 15 seconds, and when I checked it again it was reading 0. The right was 0 as well.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

JohnnyB

Premium Member
Ok, yes order that relay board then.

Here it is for your model: http://www.appliancepartspros.com/lg-pwb-pcb-assembly-6871w1n012b-ap4441283.html

Jake
Jake you are the MAN!!

I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help. I have owned a contracting business since 1985. If there is ever anything I can advise you on (and we cover it all) please let me know.

Also, is there any reason I shouldn't order from RepairClinic.com? They apparently have the same part... Relay Board 6871W1N012B

And it's about $10 cheaper! Have you had good dealings with them? Except for mislabeling the temp sensor, I have no reason to doubt their company.

Thanks again. And if you're ever in upstate NY near Saratoga Springs, I'll buy you lunch!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sure you can order from RepairClinic.:)

That's the correct link to it you posted in your last post.

I order from AppliancePartsPros and RepairClinic all the time when I run local service calls here in Western Arizona.:)

Thanks again. And if you're ever in upstate NY near Saratoga Springs, I'll buy you lunch!
Thanks for the offer, but it's better that you come here this time of year, the day temperatures here are 60's and 70's, much better than the 30's and 40's.:)

Jake