• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LG Electric Stove LRE30453ST - Top bake element is not working

Avdo21

Premium Member
Model Number
LRE30453ST
Brand
LG
Top bake element is not working. When I set temperature to for ex 350 only heat I get is at from the bottom. Top element does not heat up.
Can anyone tell me what the problem could be?

thanks

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Top bake element is not working.
That would be the "Broil Element". Does it work on Broil? Check the element for continuity if it doesn't.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Check the element for continuity if it doesn't.
It does not work
Did you check it for continuity? (about 14Ω).

The only errors I can find for LG cooking are F1-F2-F3-F4 and F9 The hidden bake element does work in bake mode, correct? Access the relay board on the back of the machine. It's just above the power cord connection. Set the oven to broil and measure the voltage across broil and DLB-OUT. (220 VAC)

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, Rick is correct.

Rick there are a few folks reporting F7 for this issue at AppliancePartsPros, and the oven relay board fixed it:

But like Rick said, disconnect power to your range and ohm test the element first.

These LG models are notorious for the oven relay board going bad and causing this problem. What happens is the heat relay on the board sticks either ON or OFF at times and will throw your temperatures off, or won't heat at all.

Here's the oven relay control board for your model:
Relay Board 6871W1N012B

Its located in the back of your range, so you'd pull your range out from the wall, then unplug it, then remove the back access panel, then you will see it on the lower right side.

(click to enlarge)
Snapshot_1 (1).jpg

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Avdo21

Premium Member
Did you check it for continuity? (about 14Ω).

The only errors I can find for LG cooking are F1-F2-F3-F4 and F9 The hidden bake element does work in bake mode, correct? Access the relay board on the back of the machine. It's just above the power cord connection. Set the oven to broil and measure the voltage across broil and DLB-OUT. (220 VAC)
Yes. The hidden bake element works.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Disconnect power to your range then Ohm test the broil element for continuity now.

Here's the broil element for your model:
MEE36592904 Heater,sheath

Jake