• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LG FG4124ES Gas Burners some kind of work some don't

FBmarketFail

Model Number
FG4124ES
Brand
LG
Hi there,

We bought an LG FG4124ES used off of FB Marketplace (probably a mistake) and are having some troubles with it. 2 of the stove top burners turn on consistently but won't light all the way around, 1 burner will light sometimes with the same issue, and 2 burners won't light at all.

I confirmed natural gas is on, the oven works fine, and all of the igniters are sparking. So I don't think it is a spark issue or a control board issue. Every repair vide seems to suggest it is either the ignition system or the holes for the gas are dirty/clogged. But every burner sparks fine and the caps were pretty clean to begin with and there was no change after I cleaned them further. Could it be a gas valve not working properly? Could it still be a spark issue even though all of them spark? Not really sure where to look and test next. Going to try and get a small pick to try and clean the actual orifice where the gas comes out and see if that makes a difference.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, usually that indicates a weak spark module, but your model doesn't even list it, or its been discontinued.

--->FG4124ES Parts

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.